Looking at this map...

Rockportgirl

http://www.*******************.com/Cayman.htm

can someone tell me where the ship docks? We plan on renting a vehicle and driving the island when we're there in September, and I'm having a lot of fun trying to plan our route and stops... :D

(the stars should read "cayman activity guide" without the spaces)

Thanks in advance.

You'll use tenders to get to the island (ships don't dock). At the bottom of the map there's a "George Town Harbor" and you'll tender to that area. There's two tender drop offs there...and just a little to the left, there's another one (I think Carnival may use this one, but I am not sure).

At any rate, you'll tender to an area that's right in middle of the shopping area. :)

Enjoy your day there...and have fun driving around the island. :)

If you want to stick with the series of maps on that website, click on "Georgetown" just below the title at the top of the page. Near the bottom of the Georgetown map you will see a label for the North and South Cruise Terminals. As others have said, no matter which of the two terminals you arrive at, you'll be tendering right into the middle of downtown.

If you are planning on renting a car, depending on who you rent from, you'll have to either arrange to be picked up by their shuttle or take a taxi...most of the car rental places are near the airport, not downtown. Keep that in mind for your return trip, as well, and allow yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship after dropping the car off.

Does this help?

edenrockmap.jpg

Our tenders docked on the opposite side of Hog Sty Bay. Ours docked next to the building that says North Terminal on the map above. All of the tours gathered at the small round green building to the right. The one closest to the road...

If you are planning on renting a car, depending on who you rent from, you'll have to either arrange to be picked up by their shuttle or take a taxi...most of the car rental places are near the airport, not downtown. Keep that in mind for your return trip, as well, and allow yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship after dropping the car off.

See? I assumed there would be a car rental place right there... thank you so much for letting me know there wouldn't. Very important info to have! That's why I love this place. :)

Archived