Formal Nights

Has anyone been on the Brillance of the Seas Med. cruise & know the order of the scheduled formal nights? We are confirmed for main dinner seating & some of the tours we are looking at in several of the ports are all day affairs which will get us back to the ship too late for the dining room. If the formal nights should fall on these nights & we go to one of the specialty restaurants instead, I doubt that we will need formal wear; i.e. tuxedo, etc. On past criuises for example, the Captain's Welcome Aboard has been held on the 2nd night. If this is the case & we do the ship's tour of Monte Carlo, we will not return until 6:30 or so. Any feedback will be appreaciated.

Someone will have the Compasses for your itinerary, but if you're eating in the specialty restaurants, you won't need "formalwear"--those venues are "smart casual" everynight.

I am not sure about the Brillance but on the Voyager our concierge told us that if we made our reservations for Portofino on one of the formal nights we would be required to follow the same dress codes too.

Archived