Booked my airfare today!! Did prices drop???

red1der1

denb and I are going to be on the same cruise! Plus we live less than an hour apart!

I have not bought my tix yet. Because If prices go the way they do and after all the reading all these news reports... I am afraid that what if the airline I book with doesnt make it through this. (our cruise is in December on Splendor!)

At this point I am driving from Madison Wisconsin to Ft. Lauderdale. If I get a last minute deal.. GREAT!... If i dont, Oh well!

I had been waiting to book my flight for many many months. They started around $210 pp round trip from Rochester, NY to FLL. FLL was Much cheaper than Miami. I hope on air trans site yesterday and got 3 round trip tickets for $649. That was also paying extra to pick our seatrs ahead of time!

denb and I are going to be on the same cruise! Plus we live less than an hour apart!

I have not bought my tix yet. Because If prices go the way they do and after all the reading all these news reports... I am afraid that what if the airline I book with doesnt make it through this. (our cruise is in December on Splendor!)

At this point I am driving from Madison Wisconsin to Ft. Lauderdale. If I get a last minute deal.. GREAT!... If i dont, Oh well!

Good luck! I sure hope this winter is better than this past years or you will be in for some rough driving. I believe our first snowfall was the first week of December and didn't stop until March. I myself prefer to drive. Have a great time. Sorry for hijacking the thread for a moment!

We also just booked airfare. the going rate from Detroit to Miami has been around $400 and then about 6 weeks ago I found Detroit to Ft. Lauderdale at around $250. I am in charge of a lady who has a guardian and he wanted to wait to get tickets. I should have jumped on that flight then, however, we didn't. Well last week we were talking again and I got on the website and the price was listed at $379 and we booked. Next day I was curious and very same flight number and same website was now $285pp. I called and since they have a 24 hrs. guarantee, we are getting the difference back. Next day I checked again and the price was back up. I guess there is no rhyme nor reason!!!!! Just glad to be booked!

Yep, that's what I found (thanks to the "experts" on the Cruise Air board).

I figured air was like everything else - cheaper the earlier you booked and getting more expensive as you approached the date. I had no idea fares could fluctuate hourly!

Archived