Robes and Hairdryers - Pearl

saileyellie

They have hairdryers in all the cabins. Robes are in balconies on up and they only have one size. I have never seen anyone wear the robe to the pool area on any NCL ship I have been on.

Hi, Mongo51...See you are looking for some of the same answers I am looking for. Hope you will join us for the Meet'n Greet on Monday in LeBistro. I am wondering about the formal night. Have you heard when that is?

I am interested in the robe and hairdryer answer as well.

Not long...til we sail. YEA>

We're live on the Pearl :) The robes are very very plush.Much nicer than what we had on the Star last year in our mini-suite. (we are in AE 9170). I'm not a small size person, not plus size either and they are very roomy. There is a blow drier here, but its not something I would be using. (way too much work! I'm on vacation!)

We're live on the Pearl :) The robes are very very plush.Much nicer than what we had on the Star last year in our mini-suite. (we are in AE 9170). I'm not a small size person, not plus size either and they are very roomy. There is a blow drier here, but its not something I would be using. (way too much work! I'm on vacation!)

The penthouse and above robers are much nicer than the ones in the mini-suites.

They have hair dryers in the rooms. As of May 4th they did not have robes in our balcony cabin. That might have changed since 2.0. I would not wear your robe to the pool, although if you are going to Alaska, I wouldn't think you would be at the pool anyway. If one size fits all doesn't usually fit you, I would bring your own. Although, with the luggage restrictions lately, I would leave it at home and make do.

What's funny, is that I rarely ever wear my robe at home! We have a mini suite and it does get kind of chilli at night out there. As far as the meet and greet...I have still not been able to talk my old lady in to it. So the short answer is we won't be there. We could "accidentally" show up though. You never can tell. Formal night? I have no idea. It's kind of a moot point to e as I have no formal clothes. Really...I was born and raised and still live in the Pacific Northwest and have never really gotten past jeans and T shirts. I wore a rented tux waaaayyy back in high school for the Homecoming dance. That's as formal as I've ever been.

Mongo51, I enjoy your posts. Too bad you can't talk "the ol' lady" into it. No problem, though. The cruise is nearing and getting exciting. I have a packed suitcase...and others in the process. I get conflicting reports on the weather...cool or warm. I am going pretty casual for us. I did read one dining room did not allow jeans, but I think it may have changed. We like to eat in the main dining room and vary where we go...sometimes specialty, occasionally a buffet for lunch or breakfast. I know they now offer the "dress up or not" night. Great option. I remember our last NCL cruise to Alaska was very casual. It is rather difficult to be in the Texas heat and think of packing COOL clothes. SO, I am overpacking I know. Lots of layers...and daytime casual sweatshirt type gear. If you see us...or think we look like our little AVATAR, picture above, say hello. We are often in BLACK...one of my favorite colors to wear.

As for the weather - my daughter is dancing on the Pearl right now, and advised us to be sure and take sweaters and jackets when we go next month. She had me mail her more slacks and several fleece/lighterweight jackets.

Thanks for the info on the hairdryers, folks - I was wondering the same thing, and didn't want to waste much needed space in my suitcase!

FYI - the aerial ropes broke on Friday for the Garden of the Geisha show, so the entertainers have to substitute a different show this week, but hopefully the parts will be in for your cruise next week!

Thanks for the info on hairdryers and robes! Gotta save that space in my suitcase!

O my goodness, DancerMom. I hope no one was hurt! I do hope they have it fixed for our trip since my MIL is SO looking forward to that particular show. However, I'm sure whatever they perform for us will be amazing! :D

Hi Camille & Mongo! I am looking forward to meeting up with you on the ship next week. We're going to have a blast!

Margaret :)

The ropes were actually just beginning to fray, but for safety reasons they need to substitute another show - it should be the South Beach Rave show they do on the Caribbean leg of the cruise. No matter what, it should be great. This is a brand new cast - just started this week, so they should be fresh and enthusiastic!

As for the weather - my daughter is dancing on the Pearl right now, and advised us to be sure and take sweaters and jackets when we go next month. She had me mail her more slacks and several fleece/lighterweight jackets.

Thanks for the info on the hairdryers, folks - I was wondering the same thing, and didn't want to waste much needed space in my suitcase!

FYI - the aerial ropes broke on Friday for the Garden of the Geisha show, so the entertainers have to substitute a different show this week, but hopefully the parts will be in for your cruise next week!

I would definitely bring an assortment of clothes for this trip. We kept watching the weather and finally decided it wouldn't get so hot that bluejeans and a t shirt would be too warm. (we're from Oregon so there is no shortage of warm weather clothes for us).

Today, being a sea day, of course its windy and rainy. The wind is quite nippy outside. The weather in Juneau is supposed to be partly cloudy with a high of about 65F. I guess we'll see.

1 rain jacket, 4 zip up sweat shirts and lots of jeans. 2 pairs of shorts each (4 pieces of luggage later) and it looks like we'll be fine no matter what the weather decides to do. :)

WOOF!

Thanks for the advice, Woofdog. I am stewing over my suitcases currently. WOndering....too much, too little, too hot, not the RIGHT thing....oh, the joys of having TIME to pack. (I am a teacher, so FINALLY I have time to read and email and pack and think....)

NCL Dancermom....I am SOOOO looking forward to the Geisha show. I hope they get the parts; however, I totally understand and would not want anything bad to happen; so I will look forward to the other show. My DH and I always love those dance reviews the best. The Jean Ann Ryan Company is great. How nice that you have a daughter dancer! What an opportunity for her!

I am currently working on my toiletries. I am thinking the hairdryer is connected to the little vanity in the cabin. Is that correct? It has been about 15 months since my last NCL cruise.

Oh...I DO have some slack like pants and some casual type shirts to wear into some of the "swanky" eateries. Actually they're the same clothes I purchased for the cruise on the Star 3 years ago. With a couple of shirts added to the mix. On the Star I was mostly decked out in my biker looking regalia i.e. jeans, black T and my sleavless Harley denim vest. It was actually kind of nice as I was the only one on the ship dressed that way, so I was recognised everywhere we went. I enjoyed a kind of a mini "Star" like status. I plan on being a bit more conformist this time. Not to the point of cutting my hair or covering my tatoos of course. That's just crazy talk!!! I guarantee though that you folks will know me when you see me. I don't have the name Mongo (from Blazing Saddles) for nothing! I am a bit shorter though.

We'll be on the lookout for you, then. In case you can't really SEE the avatar, I am really BLONDE and Nick is Italian. We usually are together everywhere on the ship.

Glad to know you have your DUDS for the specialty spots. I only saw them turn a gal away once on NCL. She was wearing those short fancy SHORTS and a cute jacket, but the NO SHORTS policy was in place for dinner...To be quite honest she looked fine, but I understand their policy. So it had me worried on the jeans deal.

As for the robe, I always see people wearing their own to the spa. I know the spa gives you a robe, but I see people in the elevator heading there wearing theirs from the room. So...whatever floats your boat! :)

Archived