Georgian Court Hotel Vancouver

Can anyone tell me about this Hotel? I have it booked for our precruise nite in Vancouver July 17th. Most hotels I see in the boards are booked or extremely expensive, $200 was about all we could manage.....

Thanks...

The Georgian Court is one of those hotels that we never hear about and no one ever asks about and frankly there is no reason why. It in a good location on what may be described as the south east boundary of the business core and close to BC Place where the opening and closing ceremonies for the 2010 Winter Olympics will be held, GM Place where our Vancouver Canucks play, and Yaletown where you will find many unique shops and trendy restaurants. There is a gourmet restaurant on the ground floor called the William Tell which has been in business for decades (just not at the GC). You will be also within walking distance of Pacific Centre, the Hudsons Bay dept. store and the shops of Robson St. You are also just a block or so from Costco if you need to pick up a few last minute things. So good choice and I am sure that you will be very happy there.

We have it booked for early July precruise. Found it on a travel website for $169 for the night. Emailed the hotel direct and they matched it without hesitation. I haven't been able to see anything bad about it either so we will give it a try.

Agree with PD on the Georgian Court - it was originally built by a company that the current Premier of the Province was involved in before he got into politics.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Putterdude and everyone that responded....

It sounds like a really nice place with good reviews from tripadvisor, I was a little worried because no one ever mentioned on the site. I just wish we were staying more than one nite.

You are most welcome, if you think of it please let us know what you thought of it. It is one of those hotels that are just not top of mind and maybe if you like it we can help someone else by directing them there. On Thursday I even drove by it and noted the William Tell but didn't even think of the hotel until your post.

We have it booked for early July precruise. Found it on a travel website for $169 for the night. Emailed the hotel direct and they matched it without hesitation. I haven't been able to see anything bad about it either so we will give it a try.

Everytime I drive by this hotel I always think I so want to stay here one day :)

Let us know how you like it and I think you got a great deal!!!!

• 1 month later...

We spent one night there precruise and definitely would stay there again. It seems to be a boutique type hotel with lots of charm. The rooms were great and the bedding was very comfortable. The gentlemen who worked the front desk were very helpful and suggested where to eat. We walked to an area called Yaletown which has some sidewalk type restaurants/bars. We found an Italian restaurant which had great food and very personable waiter. Had a fabulous meal there.

I think the price was great especially for the area and the 4* nature of the hotel. Underground parking was $10 per night which is pretty reasonable too.

Faye

We spent one night there precruise and definitely would stay there again. It seems to be a boutique type hotel with lots of charm. The rooms were great and the bedding was very comfortable. The gentlemen who worked the front desk were very helpful and suggested where to eat. We walked to an area called Yaletown which has some sidewalk type restaurants/bars. We found an Italian restaurant which had great food and very personable waiter. Had a fabulous meal there.

I think the price was great especially for the area and the 4* nature of the hotel. Underground parking was $10 per night which is pretty reasonable too.

Hi Faye,

Glad you had such a good experience at the Georgian Court. Because it is a little east of centre ice it is one that we seldom think to recommend. However that said it is a great property.

Thanks for your comments.:)

Archived