Anyone won a cruise during bingo?

Friends of ours won a free Carribbean Cruise when we were on the Serenade in Jan 2006. They ended up cruising on Freedom of the Seas in Sept 2006 and even though the cruise was for an inside cabin they were given an oceanview on deck 2. There were restrictions on the times you could cruise ie: July, August, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years, etc. When they were on the free cruise they won a free excursion playing Bingo. Some people have all the luck.:D

No free cruise--but I did win a JS on the Legend during our Transatlantic cruise in 2006! :) Couldn't have been a better cruise to win that upgrade, since we were booked in an inside and the cruise was nearly two weeks long!!

Yes, we won a Free Cruise Bingo in February on Brilliance when we were cruising to the Panama Canal. Whoo Hooo!! Haven't taken it yet. It is for a 5 day cruise to the Caribbean and only from certain ports.

We think we'll take advantage of it in Feb. 2009 on the Navigator out of Fort Lauderdale. It is for either an inside or OV. We have a year to take it. We do not have to pay for port fees or taxes either, we asked.

Wendy

On our cruise on the Liberty a few weeks ago we tried to win, but did not. When we were booking out next cruise on board, we found out from the booking agent that the person that won was complaining big time about the restrictions while he was booking! Come on, he just won a free cruise that at least 600 people on board were trying to win and would kill for and he's complaining about dates?!?! Just don't get it.

We won and just got back today from Liberty our "Bingo Win" cruise!

Booking couldn't have been easier and we paid to upgrade to a balcony as well as we paid to take our daughter and my mother!

We had a wonderful time and my terrible lucky hubby won the snowball jackpot playing Bingo yesterday!

Really no joke he won the Bingo cruise and then the snowball jackpot on this cruise!

I won last August on the Rhapsody. We are taking it this August on the Mariner. The form says you cannot send it in until like 30 days out. I called and asked about sending it in early and was told no problem. It was good for an interior or oceanview, we upgraded to a balcony. We did have to pay the fuel surcharge, as well as taxes and fees. We sent in our paperwork and had an email with all the details about a week later. We were put in a hump balcony too! If you have any specific questions just ask, I will be glad to tell you what our experience was.

:o I've never played Bingo on the ship.

Are there specific days/games that they give away the cruise, or do you have to play everyday?

How much does it cost to play?

I think you've created an addict (me)!

Karen in Kentucky

We had a wonderful time and my terrible lucky hubby won the snowball jackpot playing Bingo yesterday!

Really no joke he won the Bingo cruise and then the snowball jackpot on this cruise!

WOW!! That IS lucky!!! Congratulations! :D

If you don't mind me asking, how much was the snowball jackpot? And did he win solo or did he have to share? :o

We had a tablemate once who had won $10K all to herself on a snowball jackpot on a previous cruise. :eek: All I have ever won is about $300 on my first cruise. It covered my Bingo expense for the cruise. :p No luck since. :rolleyes:

My dad won a four night cruise when we were on the Enchantment of the seas Super bowl weekend. My parents paid for me to go on the cruise with them (we had some memory lane things to take care of in Key West) and so I was just buying them drinks and this and that to pay them back - well I bought my dad the Bingo ticket that he won on - it was buy a three card strip for $45 and get a single free and I gave him the three card strip and assured him that I couldn't handle keeping track of anything more than a single card. After he won I told him "we're even, we are soooo even!!" Then he bought me one of those drinks that come in the glass that lights up!! His luck was not up then - the next day I staked him in the black jack tournament (my husband won when we were on the Mariner in January & told me I had to uphold family tradition - so I was committed to staking my dad) Anyway my dad won - I made him give me a cut because I staked him and we were even because of the cruise he won on my dime!! My parents had no trouble turning in the certificate for the free four night cruise - they used it to go on the Sovereign with us the middle of May - I'm at the point where I am grabbing family time - the 23 yr old heads off to pilot training in July, the 21 yr old to Marine corps OCS and the 19 yr old needs to get a job!! So people really do win those free cruises!!

:o I've never played Bingo on the ship.

Are there specific days/games that they give away the cruise, or do you have to play everyday?

How much does it cost to play?

I think you've created an addict (me)!

Karen in Kentucky

There is usually a Bingo game every day. Some are for free suite, some are for free cruise. On these days, there is just one game played. On the jackpot Bingos, there are four or five games played, and you win cash. These jackpot Bingos keep rolling over to the final snowball/jackpot Bingo on the next to the last day.

The jackpot Bingos are $29, and you can purchase like three more cards for $15. The other Bingos are $15.

Come on, he just won a free cruise that at least 600 people on board were trying to win and would kill for and he's complaining about dates?!?! Just don't get it.

Wow! Think about the numbers. If 600 people spent an average of $20, that would mean the cruise line took in $12,000.

What's the cruise worth? $1500 at most? That's a very nice profit!

We won and just got back today from Liberty our "Bingo Win" cruise!

Booking couldn't have been easier and we paid to upgrade to a balcony as well as we paid to take our daughter and my mother!

OMG! please give me some of your mojo!! We are taking my free bingo cruise Labor Day week on Mariner - I won last year on Liberty!! ( $2500 value) I did a bad bad thing!! and booked my trip a few months back (I was fully prepared to cruise another week - that would have been really bad! ) and pay for the labor day trip anyways because that is our yearly "vacation for 2" week but to my huge surprise they put the credit towards the booking number I already had - ( I BROKE all the rules! but they were very nice about it) Our cruise was for a balcony cabin and I upgraded to GS (already had it booked) so the fee was $ 400 per person!

BTW I've spent all my money back since then at bingo but atleast we're even :D - I'll keep chasing the jackpot!

Wow! Think about the numbers. If 600 people spent an average of $20, that would mean the cruise line took in $12,000.

its a huge income for them! I always buy dbl sets and dbl cards on jackpot and free cruise days - plus we play some of the smaller games it could be $ 500 per cruise for us.

• 2 weeks later...
I love Bingo and can't wait to play! Congratulations to you lucky winners:)

Me either...love Bingo....

In April on Sovereign I won 107 dollars! My dad won 200 and something playing poker so that payed one of us in that 3 night cruise! It's already gone but in 10 days(:D CAN'T WAIT:D ) I'll try again on Brilliance and let's wil another cruise! At least my dad could win in the poker so we could already book our next cruise(we always say that...if my dad wins a lot of money we book another cruise still onboard...it never happened...:D )

The payouts for Bingo as well as the slots and Blackjack tournaments really suck. RCCL takes about 65% :eek:

###

Just got off June 1st Freedom Cruise...bought 3 cards..$30.00 each..and 2 of my cards won...had to have a play off between my two cards...one a 7 night caribbean cruise for 2...must use by next June...no holidays...plan on going March 2009....my mom who passed away was a huge Bingo fan...played all the time...I am sure she had something to do with a double card win!!!!....my friends are sooooo jelous!!!

Just got off June 1st Freedom Cruise...bought 3 cards..$30.00 each..and 2 of my cards won...had to have a play off between my two cards...one a 7 night caribbean cruise for 2...must use by next June...no holidays...plan on going March 2009....my mom who passed away was a huge Bingo fan...played all the time...I am sure she had something to do with a double card win!!!!....my friends are sooooo jelous!!!

What a GREAT story!! I'm sure your mom did have a part. Congratulations :D :D

###

I'm not a Bingo player - I play once per cruise and I won a 5 night Caribbean on my last cruise.

WOW!! I was a nervous wreck. There was 1 person standing when I stood up, then more people kept standing and they wouldn't call my last number! :mad: Then they called it - BINGO!!! Like I said, not a bingo player - so the entire time - while standing and when they were reviewing my numbers - I was sure I'd made a mistake and I was going to be sooooo embarassed. But, no - I won. Woo Hoo, taking it next spring.

The hardest part for me is scheduling the time.

Archived