distilled water for c-pap

Boxer Lover

Could someone that has a c-pap please tell me where and how you get the distilled water you need for it? We leave Tuesday for 3 day land tour in Fairbanks and Denali then we get on the ship Friday in Seward.

Thanks alot

Brenda

If you have time in Seward before sailing, there is a grocery store within walking distance of the ship's dock. DH and I do not drink Coke products (which is all the ship has) so we bought some snacks and two packs of Pepsi/ D. Pepsi in the small bottles. You could find distilled water there, or use purified water. DH and I BOTH have cpaps so we bought a jug in Fairbanks because we ditched the scheduled first day land tour, rented a car and drove around ourselves. We stopped at a Fred Myers store and also bought a small nylon cooler to use on our 13 day land/cruise trip.

In a pinch, you could also just use bottled water, as long as it wasn't the kind from the ship which I heard they just re-fill from the tap.

ALSO, make sure you pack a multi outlet extension cord! We brought one along with two extension cords. When we got on board ship, we discovered that the ONLY outlet was in the sitting area/desk. We had to ring the concierge to have someone bring a heavy duty, long extension cord to our room which we plugged into the wall outlet and ran across the floor under the bed. That was plugged into the circuit box we brought, then the cpaps on extension cords were plugged into the circuit box. We also plugged our cell phone charger and video camera into the box at night to recharge. In the morning, we then just unplugged the HD cord from the wall and stuck it under the bed so no one would trip on it, unplugged our cell phone and video camera and took them with us. I am used to staying in Hotel rooms with at LEAST one accessible outlet near/behind the bed; we managed to make it work just fine!

Happy sailing!

Archived