Word of advice re on board credit

LegalCat

Hi there... Just back from the PoAm... We had a $100 OBC from NCl from when we booked, and also a $225 OBC purchased as a gift from a relative. When we checked into our cabin we found confirmations of two OBC for a different cabin. I immediately let our butler know and asked him to bring the correct ones for our cabin. Never heard back. On Tuesday I went to the pursers desk and checked my statement, I noticed no credits were posted. I asked and was told that the credits were being applied that night, and they would show up on wednesday...

On wednesday I checked and saw that no credits were applied so this time I specifically asked and was told that no credits were showing in my info.. luckily I brought proof of both sets of credits... I returned immediately with a photocopy of my booking paid in full notice directly from NCL which specifically indicated a $100 OBC and also the receipt for three credits purchased in the amount of $100 x 2 and $25 x 1. I was told ok no problem they would make sure the credits were applied within 24 hours.

On Thursday I checked again and still no credits. VERY long story short, I spoke to multiple people at the pursers desk, multiple people from the finance department and also the concierge and the bottom line after about 15 phone calls was that on Saturday night they applied the $225 and then insisted that the $100 OBC was part of the $100 x2 purchased by my aunt. Never mind that the $100 was applied to my booking confirmation on december 8 when I booked the cruise and the $100 x2 purchased by my aunt was done in February...

I was lucky I had brought proof of the credits or I wouldnt even have gotten the $225. I dont know what happened here but its a lesson for everyone to make sure to get confirmation of any credits or anything you pre-purchased and bring it with you so if you dont get it you can deal with the problem.

I have been assured by NCL shore side office that I will be getting a refund check for the $100 OBC that was never applied.

Same thing happened to us in Jan. We had booked from previous cruise and had 3 cabins all having $200.00 OBC ea. When prices went down our TA got the new booking price and asked if it would effect our OBC they informed her it WOULD NOT---well you can about guess what happened.

The only OBC we had was $75.00 for our PH and nothing for adjoining cabins. I even had the paperwork with me, but for three days we went around & around with the pursers desk. Never did get the extra on the cruise, but our TA went to bat for us. Last months CC statement had one $200.00 credit on it and this months should have the remaining $400.00.

It took awhile, but this is one time a TA was priceless in MOP. I don't think I could have gotten my refunds on my own. Good luck in getting your refund, it might just take awhile.

Hope you had a really good cruise!:D

Retiredonthesea

The worst part was the other $400.00 was split between our sons and their families cabins as a gift from us. They were going to use it for excursions ect. So we just went down and put $200.00 on each of their cabins for them. It was a mess.:eek:

You should always carry any written information concerning credits' date=' special orders, gift certs, etc with you.

Sometimes communication is not efficient......[/quote']

Isn't it a heck of a note when even the papers ect. you TAKE with you don't help!:mad:

Retiredonthesea

Wow....it's too bad to hear that you spent so much time and energy fixing something that should've been done already. Good thing you had all of the documentaion. I always bring copies of everything as well...even hotel confirmations, etc, just in case. I hardly ever need them, but I'd rather carry them and not need them, that to have a mix up, and have left them at home.

It's a good lesson to all!!!

Glad to hear you will refunded the orininal OBC of $100.00 and hope it didn't put too much of a damper on your cruise.

I have purchased and received written confirmation from NCL that I have $2000.00 in OBC. I also have the credit card statement showing it paid for and all of that plus some other documents (including a listing of our shore excursions) are going with me to the ship next month. Apparently they can only list OBC up to $100.00 in $25.00 increments so the young man who helped had to enter all the information 20 times!!!

YIKES:eek: That sounds like a whole lot of work for someone on vacation! Hopefully, you had a GREAT trip otherwise:D

Let this be a word of caution to anyone thinking about ordering OBC's or spa credits for anyone as a surprise! Let them know in advance (and give them proof in writing!) Sort of kills the surprise, but at least they'll be covered if the gift never makes it to their cabin:rolleyes:

Is there any way I can get confirmation from NCL about the OBC before sailing?

We had a letter from our TA that she received from NCL also had the booking letter from the Ship when we booked on board, stating the amt. of OBC. I would think you could get an E-mail confirmation sent to you by calling and asking customer service to send you the info.

Good Luck,

Retiredonthesea

Same thing happened to us in Jan. We had booked from previous cruise and had 3 cabins all having $200.00 OBC ea. When prices went down our TA got the new booking price and asked if it would effect our OBC they informed her it WOULD NOT---well you can about guess what happened.

The only OBC we had was $75.00 for our PH and nothing for adjoining cabins. I even had the paperwork with me, but for three days we went around & around with the pursers desk. Never did get the extra on the cruise, but our TA went to bat for us. Last months CC statement had one $200.00 credit on it and this months should have the remaining $400.00.

It took awhile, but this is one time a TA was priceless in MOP. I don't think I could have gotten my refunds on my own. Good luck in getting your refund, it might just take awhile.

Hope you had a really good cruise!:D

Retiredonthesea

The worst part was the other $400.00 was split between our sons and their families cabins as a gift from us. They were going to use it for excursions ect. So we just went down and put $200.00 on each of their cabins for them. It was a mess.:eek:

Retired,

Glad to see it finally got worked out for you, we just booked a new cruise and DH asked if you had gotten some satisfaction for your problem.

-Michelle

Retired,

Glad to see it finally got worked out for you, we just booked a new cruise and DH asked if you had gotten some satisfaction for your problem.

-Michelle

It did take awhile, but our TA was super in fighting for us.

Maybe we can catch a cruise together again sometime---we sure had fun.

Deb

Is there any way I can get confirmation from NCL about the OBC before sailing?

My booking confirmation actually started right on it that there was a $100 obc included... if anyone wants to see it so they can see what im talking about you can email me at lindapglaw@gmail.com and Ill forward it to you.. this is a one page booking confirmation from NCL that has on the left hand side the charges like for cabin, insurance, fees etc then on the left hand side it says how much the deposit was, final payment was, etc. then on the very bottom it has the itinerary... in the middle it has an empty space where notes go and it actually says that the $100 is included in the booking...

My TA says she already spoke to them and if it wasnt given to us on board it would be refunded to us so I will speak with her tomorrow to see what needs to be done, luckily i have an amazing TA

Isn't it a heck of a note when even the papers ect. you TAKE with you don't help!:mad:

Retiredonthesea

Dittto!Even with all of the documentation with me etc. I wasted 2 hrs. at the Reception desk trying to straighten mine out.

Didn't let it ruin my trip but yes...very frustrating!

Archived