miami hotel

molly82400

I don't know how many "stars" they have, but there is a Holiday Inn and an Intercontinental hotel within walking distance of Bayside. Both are run by the same corporation, but the Intercontinental is wonderful!!! Great service, luxurious rooms.... The Holiday Inn is...well, a Holiday Inn!

We stayed at the HI POM in April..it was horrible..a group had stayed in 05 and it was fine, then.........We chose it for location but NEVER again!! I would not even stay there fot free!! What a shame how downhill this property has gone!

I agree with other poster to try a Marriot......our other frinds stayed at the Radisson and some others we met loved the Intercontinental!

Good Luck and enjoy your cruise!

We are sailing in Oct and opted for the Hilton mostly due to the fact that we could use our AMEX Rewards and landed a nice suite. From what I have read we can get to Bayside easily and we will have a car so not an issue. I wanted a room for 6 instead of two rooms and the Hilton could accomodate us as well as provide a view of the port. This property was formally known as the Radison and the Hilton is now the owner. The other plus is that Enterprise is located in the lobby which makes it very convienent to return our vehicle.

The cheapest hotel in that area will be the Holiday Inn. The other hotels in the area such as Intercontinental, Marriott, Hilton and Doubletree are all much nicer but will also carry a higher price tag. My favorite in the area is the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Great rooms with Bay views of the port and sliders to let in fresh air.

View from the room.

NavigatorOTS149.jpg

The Intercontinental is GREAT, really nice rooms and you can walk to Bayside. The good news is that it is a regular winner on priceline; I was able to win it for $99.00 (plus taxes) for my cruise last October. For my upcoming trip to Miami in September I won the Hilton Downtown Miami for $55.00 (plus taxes) on priceline. It too is close to the metromover which can take you to Bayside. If you are willing to bid and have only 2 people in your party, try priceline. The best resource for bidding is the priceline thread (with the sticky) in this forum. Good luck!

Archived