good concealer/cover up ?

tsbrn

Can anyone recommend a good concealer to cover melasma (dark spots on face)? I have dark spots above my lip, eyebrows and forehead that I have difficulty covering up with drugstore concealer and then it tends to rub off or sweat off quickly.

Also, is anyone else out there using bleaching creme for these dark spots? I have been using prescription cream (Epiquin) from the dermatologist for a while and it isn't doing much to lighten the areas. Any other suggestions would be appreciated!

My DD tried the Dermablend. Problem was that the color didn't stay even when she was outdoors and got tanner. It looked like she had a concealer on.

Her MD prescribed Tri-Luma and it did a great job. Must be put on daily.

I have some melasma above my lip as well. I tried Tri-Luma and found it to be very irritating and it made my skin dry and peeling, so I stopped. I'm very careful and always wear sunscreen on my face if I'm outside and do try to not have my face directly in the sun because the sun makes the melasma darker. I also wear a foundation w/sunscreen in it. Right now I'm using a med coverage Cover Girl foundation, I then dab the cover stick (Maybelline) on the darker areas and then top all w/powder (Cover Girl). I have also used the Mary Kay med coverage foundation and liked that as well. It all covers great, except for when I start sweating - I know what you mean, it does come off if I'm really sweaty. I'd love to find something that stays longer.

I have found Bare Escentuals' Bisque and Well-Rested duo to be the best concealer I've ever used. Be sure to use the concealer brush, use plenty of the powder and pat it on, use foundation and mineral veil over top. It sounds strange that a powder could be a good concealer, but it really is.

Estee Lauder Maximum Cover camouflage Makeup for Face and Body - about $25 per tube; it's waterproof, not gunky and really works, plus you don't need to "set" it with powder. Comes in different shades - go to an Estee Lauder counter at any department store.

Archived