promenade inside stateroom

Not really- we could hear some of the music from the late night parades (on Navigator they start at midnight) but it wasn't troublesome, just in the background. I didn't care too much for the room as you need your curtains drawn a lot of the time or your opposite neighbor can see you, which kinda defeated the purpose as I would have liked to see daylight in the morning.

Ocean View is better IMHO.:)

We just had a promenade room aboard the Liberty of the Seas. We have two chidren. We did find the noise to be annoying. You can see and hear the parades from your room. Some of the parades are rather late. Also , some of the rooms are right above the pub or cafe. These are also noisy. If you have chidlren a promenade room may not be the best, otherwise it probably won't affect you.

I noticed on your cruise list that you cruised on the FOS last year, followed by a cruise on the Majesty. Last year was our first cruise, which we took on the FOS (8/07). Best vacation ever! Since we, too, plan to cruise on the Majesty as a follow-up (12/08), I am interested in your opinion as to what the experience is likely to be like; i.e. the experience of cruising on the Majesty AFTER being on the FOS. Ofcourse, unlike you, we have no other cruises as points of reference. I am not really worried about my wife and I; we will love it. I am more concerned about our daughters, age 10 and 15. Will they have a difficult time appreciating the Majesty in comparison to the FOS?

I have already posed this question on CC and received various responses. With the exception of one response (he basically told us we would not be able to enjoy the Majesty), most people seemed to think it would be fine and enjoyable, as long as we did not constantly feel a need to "measure" the Majesty against the FOS. What is your opinion? Thanks!!

I too wondered if I would enjoy Majesty after sailing Freedom but honestly she is still my favorite ship. She obviously doesn't have the Promenade, Flowrider,

ice rink etc but that didn't affect my enjoyment. I loved not having to walk half a mile to get anywhere, and really the atmosphere onboard is so much more festive and with a smaller group of people, you start recognizing faces early in the cruise. There is still a lot to do onboard, great entertainment and a good itinerary of resorts. The Cruise Director staff are the BEST. They really go all out to entertain and have fun.

OUr first cruise was also on the Majesty- I cruise with teenage grandsons, then aged 10 and 14, they were both a bit anxious about going, thinking it would be boring,nothing to do, full of old people etc- but they made friends on the basketball court and bonded straight away with a group of kids, they were in tears when we had to disembark- and now they always quote Majesty when asked why they love cruising so much..

Hopefully we will sail again on her next year if airfares improve at all.

Thanks so much for your quick, and reassuring, response! The Majesty sounds like a really nice ship; I expect that we will enjoy it for the same reasons you do. It is impressive that you favor it so much, given your experience on quite a number of other ships. Thanks!

we had 7557 on the mariner a few weeks ago, loved it! it is at the forward end, right across from the cafe promanade, the parades start right there. seems every night the dj had some music going or a parade but it was over by 11...the wig & gavel has guitar music so it should be very loud. all the shops close at 11...will get this type cabin again. cindy:)

Archived