INS procedure in Port Canaveral

uCruiser

Is Carnival still requiring non-citizens to get up at 6 am the last day to deal with INS?

They did when I went with Fantasy in 2006, but in late 2007 in Sovereign of the Seas it was all taken care off when we left the ship. Just like when you arrive in a US airport.

Carnival doesn't require diddly from you. It is the Federal Government that sets the time and the place for you to appear to get permission to come into the United States. Also, it all depends on the itinerary.

Based on the delay after delay implementing the new passport rules (delays caused mainly by the complaining of the cruise industry folks) I suspect that if Carnival had its way, no one would be checking anyone and you could get off and on at will.

But, we live in a real world, with real issues, so you have the privilege of visiting the US at the pleasure of the INS. That's life!

Ok so I'll be more specific. On the Glory western cruise, are you required to take care of the INS business at 6am or do you deal with them when you get off the ship like the US citizens does?

Don't worry I clearly understood the question. Good thing not everyone here is a butt head.

Don't worry I clearly understood the question. Good thing not everyone here is a butt head.

Ron, Ron....who got up on the wrong side of the rack? My answer was very simple...Carnival doesn't do it...it is Homeland Security that controls the time and place. Even you should know that.

Also, on some cruises it happens at different times and at different places. Again, if you have been on a cruise even you should know that.

Ron, Ron....who got up on the wrong side of the rack? My answer was very simple...Carnival doesn't do it...it is Homeland Security that controls the time and place. Even you should know that.

Also, on some cruises it happens at different times and at different places. Again, if you have been on a cruise even you should know that.

I really don't care if it's carnival or INS. That's not the point. Do I have to get up at 6am or not, that's all I want to know.

I really don't care if it's carnival or INS. That's not the point. Do I have to get up at 6am or not, that's all I want to know.

THAT WAS my point....it does vary from ship to ship, and from itinerary to itinerary. For example, if you are on an Eastern ship that goes to a foreign port before St. Thomas, you will have to get up in the middle of the cruise to meet with the INS. Others do it on the very last day before you debark. They all seem to be at 6AM, and I suspect that is the time set in order to clear all the paperwork before anyone can debark. I've spent a number of cruises waiting to get off at a port because someone has failed to report.

By the way, even if you don't get off the ship, you still have to report.

Since we don't know what cruise you are anticipating it is impossible to give you accurate information.

Since we don't know what cruise you are anticipating it is impossible to give you accurate information.

I posted that in my 2nd post. It's Glory western.

They all seem to be at 6AM, and I suspect that is the time set in order to clear all the paperwork before anyone can debark.

and that's how it was done when my first cruise returned to Port Canaveral, but on the 2nd cruise in same port we didn't meet INS before we left the ship.

I hoped they had changed the procedure all together out there...

• 2 weeks later...
I am sorry you are having to deal with non sense. I guess the best way to find out is when you get there.

:(

Thanks..

I just got back from Glory and us aliens did not have to get up early and meet INS on the ship. We left the ship and took care of it in the terminal area like everyone else did.

Hopefully they will completely stop that silly on board arrangement in other ports as well....

Archived