Disabled questions for Norwegian Jade

My partner and I are sailing on the Jade this Friday (13th) . My partner is in a wheelchair and I wondered if anyone can tell us about the docks in the Med that we will be going to. What I need to know is, because we are not planning on taking any of the planned excursions we are just basically going to get off the ship at every port and fend for ourselves! Will we find everything ok? Is every port walking distance to a nice part of that particular country? Or if not, for example we would like to possibly go to Florence or Pisa... what is public transport like? Are the trains more accessible for wheelchairs than they are here with our awful rail system (UK) where you have to tell them 24 hours in advance you are getting on the train with a wheelchair!

Any other advice/tips for my partner and I with regards to her being in the wheelchair would be appreciated.

Archived