Age policy in rooms?

Okay, my sister-in-law just sent this to me.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do;jsessionid=0000Yl_SUQUhH5bTC943hdoedWr:12hdhu6tq?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=309&faqSubjectName=Top+10+FAQ%27s+

It basically says "No guest under the age of twenty-one (21) will be reserved in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult twenty-one (21) years of age, or older. This age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms." We were planning on putting some kids together. For the most part the rooms are either next to each other or skip one or two rooms. Is RCL sticklers for this rule?

Thanks.

How old are the kids?

I would imagine to skip one or two rooms they are at least 14 or 15?

Skipping one or two rooms can be a danger and very unsafe for children.

More info on the circumstances is needed.....

Good luck!

we have our 18 year old and 16 year old kids in a promenade opposite to us on the mariner, No problems booking it that way.

I also would not want my kids too far away, but they have "proved" themselves responsible on other cruises, so am comfortable with it. Only you know your kids.

We booked our teens (who were 13 and 15 at the time) in an inside cabin diagonally across from our balcony cabin last year. It worked out very well, and it was not necessary to book an adult in each room.

It would depend on the teenagers. I've seen some adults act way worse than both teens and toddlers.

I hope so :eek: I really don't want to have a cabin next to 3 or 4 unsupervised teenagers :mad: Would you???

###

It says "the age limit will be WAIVED for minor children sailing with parents or guardians". You don't HAVE to book 1 adult in with the kids! They just want to make sure there IS an adult somewhere to take care of the kids!

Just to share....

I have booked my 3 kids in the room next to me and across from me and never had a problem.

For my upcoming cruise I am in a JS mid ship and my 3 kids (and their 2 friends)are in an 2 oceanviews that are side by side in the front (same floor, same side though). Their ages are 19 (times 2), 17 (times 2) and 16. I know some people would disagree, but I feel comfortable with my kids being careful and will remind them that other people want to enjoy their cruise also. I do so, not because I am worried about my 3 children's behavior, but to remind them to make sure their 2 friends don't get carried away.

Now, their friends are good kids, I wouldn't bring them it they weren't, but this will be their first cruise and I want to make sure they understand the appropriate "cruise rules" and don't hinder anyone else's enjoyment. It is very easy to have fun on a cruise without interfering with other peoples enjoyment. I can honestly say on my past two cruises, there were some adults who didn't get that and acted inappropriately.

Just to share....

I have booked my 3 kids in the room next to me and across from me and never had a problem.

For my upcoming cruise I am in a JS mid ship and my 3 kids (and their 2 friends)are in an 2 oceanviews that are side by side in the front (same floor, same side though). Their ages are 19 (times 2), 17 (times 2) and 16. I know some people would disagree, but I feel comfortable with my kids being careful and will remind them that other people want to enjoy their cruise also. I do so, not because I am worried about my 3 children's behavior, but to remind them to make sure their 2 friends don't get carried away.

Now, their friends are good kids, I wouldn't bring them it they weren't, but this will be their first cruise and I want to make sure they understand the appropriate "cruise rules" and don't hinder anyone else's enjoyment. It is very easy to have fun on a cruise without interfering with other peoples enjoyment. I can honestly say on my past two cruises, there were some adults who didn't get that and acted inappropriately.

Please, please, please, do not only focus on the way your children act on a cruiseship..... also worry about their safety regarding strangers and or crew members. So many get a false sense of security on a cruise ship and let their guard down. Take the time to talk to your children regarding this topic.

Thanks Curtis!! We do talk about safety with our kids, (i.e. no one allowed in room, don't go in others rooms, do not open doors to strangers or after curfew, stay together at all times even bathroom breaks) We are usually together as a family quite a bit, and this upcoming cruise is fairly port intensive, plus we always have dinner together. Daughters always have and will continue to have a curfew so we know they are tucked in bed before we call it a night. Son and his friend will be a bit trickier this time since they are 19 and feel so grown, but feeling responsible for sisters is definitely a plus ;).

There was a similar discussion on the family board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=787754

When booking a few months ago, I was told that the kids need to be in the same quadrant as the adults. But I read somewhere recently that the kids needed to be next door or across the hall. I'm not sure, but I think that RCCL may have changed these rules recently.

Archived