What to wear on Pirate Night?

TrojanJulez

I know that bandannas are provided at dinner, but what do people wear to dinner? I have no idea, short of buying a Halloween costume! I would love ideas for both men and women... hopefully DH and I can mix and match from things that we already have in our closets...

Also, do we get to keep the special Pirate menu?

Thanks!

When I went there werent too many people "dressed up" in pirate clothing, but plenty of people wearing hats, eye patches etc instead of the bandandas. Of course some of the kids on board went all out.

Yes you get to keep the menu.

Our 3 and 4 day cruises not as many dress up in complete costumes, but on all the 7 days we have been on lotsof adults dress up in neat outfits.

most were made from clothes they already had.

themore who dress up the more fun it is. I always dress up. I made my outfit from stuff around. I look long sleeve white pull over blouse (no buttons) then cut the ends of the sleeves to look ragged, also look an old layered skirt and made it more ragged and uneven hems by taking out a few seems and resewing them. had some brown material, cut it to lay over the shoulders, open in front,cut up the bottom to make it ragged too. I found some boots on close out for $10 at Target.

many buy old beads at goodwill type stores so they are cheap.

i have a pirate medallion i wear from the movies

for pants capri's work great, they can be cut at the bottom to ;look ragged and they are already shorter to look pirate like. get a piece of rement cloth on close out to tie around your waist as a sash.

i got a plastic skull and crossbones at close out after halloween and glued to the front of the sash which looks good.

Big hoop earring in one ear is a great look too.

many take old faded jeans, put some patches on them and again cut them to just below the knee and make a ragged look to them.

It's fun to go to a party shop or at halloween to get that black stuff to make it look like a tooth is missing too.

of course I like to wear the pirate mickey ears.

here is my outfit, not fancy but it works for alady pirate. I think I iwll make some pants for the next cruise because the wind on deck isnt kind to skirts!! If you get the idea, whoosh, up, up and away in the wind:D

067daycruise028.jpg

hope this gives you some ideas.

it also helps to google adult or kids pirates costumes, not to buy them but you will get lots of ideas from looking at the costumes, then can make your own.

mom x4,grandma x4

Oh my gosh - that is so helpful! Thank you so much! I never thought about wearing a skirt, but that is a great idea, and those boho skirts are so fashioable know, I'm sure I can find one relatively easily! Good idea about cutting off old pants, too... DH and I both have some older pants in the "donate" pile, so we'll make good use of those before we give them away. Thanks again - your photo and advice give me a lot of ideas! :D

I don't want to be a spoilsport, but just in case you're only dressing up to fit in, I wouldn't feel obligated to. I didn't really notice anyone dressed up on my cruise for that dinner or party, besides my DD, and I wouldn't bother hauling the costume along again. There were the pirate Mickey ears on several people and a few other kids in Halloween pirate costumes. That's all I really noticed.

But if you enjoy it, go all out!

Mx4, you look terrific!

Oh my gosh - that is so helpful! Thank you so much! I never thought about wearing a skirt, but that is a great idea, and those boho skirts are so fashioable know, I'm sure I can find one relatively easily! Good idea about cutting off old pants, too... DH and I both have some older pants in the "donate" pile, so we'll make good use of those before we give them away. Thanks again - your photo and advice give me a lot of ideas! :D

Glad it helped you, just have fun with it.

I have been on cruises where lots dressed and others where few dresssed up, but I always dress up because it is fun and your invited to do it, it really adds to the fun of the evening, plus more times than I can count I have been asked "How did you know to dress up?" Next time I'm dressing up too!

I guess those people dont read cruise boards:confused:

On our roll call threads mostof the people will dress up too and go as a group. Last year we had about 25 of us linked at dinner and we all dressed up and arrived at the same time. we were applauded by the wait staff and other cruisers. we were quite a sight to see.

mom x4,grandma x4

My kids all wore Jack Sparrow tshirts from the Disney store and eye patches. DS had a sword too. he had a pirate costume, but didnt want to wear it. Plus they all wore their bandanas from dinner. They got their pic taken with Jack S..it turned out really cute.

Pirate night was the most casual night in the dining room.

My dd got an Eliz Swann costume last year at the Disney store.

I am looking for shirts for DH and I for this year.

Archived