Suva tour recommendations

Hi Karen,

We did the Nailillili Village tour and had a ball. This involved a bus trip from the wharf out to the Rewa Delta and then we hopped into a boat for a short ride up (or down?) river to the village with a tour of the church and school. We thoroughly recommend this tour, but I have read just as good reports about the other couple of village tours P & O offer.

Sarah

From memory, brushtail did this one too and enjoyed it.

This is the one with the school isn't it??

How does one village differ from another??

Has anyone done the jewel of fiji tour??

What stuck most in your memory about the tour??

Sorry lots of questions...but sometimes it is the little things that make a tour memorable...things to look out for.

Karen

I am trying to decide which tour/s to do in Suva...most of the village tours look very similar...any recommendations??

Thanks

Karen

Hi Karen,

We did the "A Tropical Delight - The Pearl South Pacific Resort" which was a good day, nice bus trip with good commentary and a nice resort. Good lunch and pool area, all in all a great day. Anything to get out of Suva itself.

Don

Hi Karen,

We organised our own visit to the Arts Village at Pacific Harbour. The P & O shore tour is a short visit to the Arts Village, called 'Cultural Extravaganza'. The full tour that we did includes watching firewalking, dancing, explanations of cultural life, kava ceremony and other shows. It takes a bit over four hours plus travelling time. The cost is around $37.50 without the cost of lunch and transport. The full day show is absolutely superb. Other people who have done this tour have also been delighted with it. If you are interested you can look at the Arts Village website and email the manager Robert Singh.:):)

We did the "Fiji's Capital Suva & Historical Museum" tour - that was good for a brief overview of Fiji - the museum was worth the look.

Mum & Dad did the "Pacific Harbour Cultural Extravaganza" (the fire walking) and loved it.

I think in September we're going to swap and each do the other tour!

Hi Karen

We did Naililili Village too ... and loved it! The kids were just georgous!!! By memory the other tour to the village didn't involve the river boats! (which was an experience in itself - with our drive weaving through the wakes of the other boats on the way back trying to get us all wet!!! It was great fun!).:D It truly is one tour that has really great memories for me!

I dont have ten. The one we did involved boats and rafts on the river starting from near the cultural centre it was great fun and included lunch at the village. But I think we need everyone's best suggestions from the places they have visited. It would be a great resource for all of us! Please!:p

We are doing the Nalilili one next March. I have read so many great comments about it on these boards.

Agreed, after seeing all the comments in the different threads this is the one for my wife and i and the 4 kids plus mother inlaw!

I think my kids and us adults will have a ball{pun intended}! Lets just hope there is a rugby ball{taking a few new deflated ones with me to hand out on the cruise plus cheap pumps} about and my sons and i get to have a go with the kids and adults alike!

I cant wait as this is home to my godfather that was a Fijian boxer and rugby player that died at 34.

Hi Karen

We did Naililili Village too ... and loved it! The kids were just georgous!!! By memory the other tour to the village didn't involve the river boats! (which was an experience in itself - with our drive weaving through the wakes of the other boats on the way back trying to get us all wet!!! It was great fun!).:D It truly is one tour that has really great memories for me!

we are quite new to the shore cruises we really like the idea of the NAILILLILI tour do we have to book ahead or do we just wait till we get there also how much can we expect to pay for the tour ANNE C thanks for you input

Archived