UK passengers

2irisheyes

If you have opted to have your bill charged to your credit card in $ so that it is converted by your cc company, keep an eye on your statements as X did the conversion (despite asking them not to) and at a very bad rate. On a relative small bill (no shore excursions or extras) this cost an extra £12 which they have agreed to refund. If they can get away with it they will.

If you have opted to have your bill charged to your credit card in $ so that it is converted by your cc company, keep an eye on your statements as X did the conversion (despite asking them not to) and at a very bad rate. On a relative small bill (no shore excursions or extras) this cost an extra £12 which they have agreed to refund. If they can get away with it they will.

AND hand in a copy of the relevant part of the documentation at check-in, with the instruction NOT to convert $ to £ highlighted.

Can't believe this is still happening.

I have had this happen to me on the last 6 of our cruises with Celebrity/RCCL despite me telling them not to convert my charges. They always reimburse the difference and last time I had a letter from Head Office in Miami promising me that they are looking into the matter and "are taking steps to correct this recurring problem". That was back in January, looks like they are still working on it.:rolleyes:

Please everyone, if this continues to happen take it up with customer services. Its a rip off!

Thats it, rant over for the day!

Lisa

I have to add that the same thing is happening to Canadians who book in USD. No matter how much I have tried to make it clear to them NOT to convert, they do anyway. On our last 5 cruises this has happened. What a pain to retrieve the money owed!

So take comfort in that you are not alone. Comfort?

I did read the thread about this happening to Canadians and it prompted me to post. Has X heard that Brits do not complain enough and therefore think that they can get away with anything. So X if you're reading this get your act together and stop treating non-US passengers as fools. If you want our business, play fair. We are already at a disadvantage in that if we cancel at any time once we have paid our deposit we lose it whereas in the US they can book several cruises and then make up their minds 2-3 months before departure what they want to do. It's great that they can do this but we would just like the same treatment.

Archived