Formal Night on Dream?

sunluva7

For those of you who recently returned on the Dream from Bermuda, which night of the week is formal night?

I'm not sure how dressy we plan to get, but I want to reserve a night at Le Bistro for our anniversary and figured that formal night would be a good one.

Also, can you make the reservation for Le Bistro from the cabin phone on arrival, or must you go in person to the restaurant to reserve a table?

Hi SunLuva7,

The optional Formal nights are Monday night and Saturday night.

I would recommend that you book the Bistro in person the first day on board just to make sure you see them write it in the book. By the way I thought the Bistro was excellent. You won't be disappointed.

Dom V Band Guy

Remember that all formal nights on all NCL ships are Optional. In fact, they are not called formal nights but instead carry the name: "Dress up or not Night." You will find about 50% of the passengers will dress up and that will range from tuxes down to shirt and tie. The other 50% will be in resort casual. (polo shirt, kahkis or jeans and tennis shoes.)

But that is the joy of Freestyle... the choice to dress as you want any night of the week and not be out of place!

For those of you who recently returned on the Dream from Bermuda, which night of the week is formal night?

I'm not sure how dressy we plan to get, but I want to reserve a night at Le Bistro for our anniversary and figured that formal night would be a good one.

Also, can you make the reservation for Le Bistro from the cabin phone on arrival, or must you go in person to the restaurant to reserve a table?

On the Dream, you can do so either way. But I recommend going to the restaurant, just to avoid potential mix ups.

I always dine at a Specialty restaurant on Lobster Night, or Dress Up or Not Night. Not only do you get to choose from the restaurant's entrees, but the lobster will be free.

Two entrees for the price of one. Go hungry, or you will not have room in your tummy for both.

You're celebrating a special event, feel free to dress up a little if you wish. There will others dress better than resort casual that night. Of course, if dressing up isn't your favorite thing to do, you don't have to.

On the Dream, you can do so either way. But I recommend going to the restaurant, just to avoid potential mix ups.

I always dine at a Specialty restaurant on Lobster Night, or Dress Up or Not Night. Not only do you get to choose from the restaurant's entrees, but the lobster will be free.

Two entrees for the price of one. Go hungry, or you will not have room in your tummy for both.

You're celebrating a special event, feel free to dress up a little if you wish. There will others dress better than resort casual that night. Of course, if dressing up isn't your favorite thing to do, you don't have to.

Does Le Bistro have the same menu each night, whether or not it's "DUONN"?

When they say Lobster night, do they mean just the two main dining rooms, or do the alternative restaurants also participate in whatever theme they are using for a particular night?

We have always brought formal clothes for our previous cruises, but I think we're just leaning toward maybe a nice dress for me and a jacket for him. I think it depends on whatever I decide to throw in before I zip up the garment bag!

Does Le Bistro have the same menu each night, whether or not it's "DUONN"?

When they say Lobster night, do they mean just the two main dining rooms, or do the alternative restaurants also participate in whatever theme they are using for a particular night?

We have always brought formal clothes for our previous cruises, but I think we're just leaning toward maybe a nice dress for me and a jacket for him. I think it depends on whatever I decide to throw in before I zip up the garment bag!

Each specialty restaurant usually serve the exact same menu every night. But on lobster night, they also serve free lobster, as a second entree. That's the only thing I know they do different, from night to night.

To add, the specialty restaurants with Freestyle 2.0 will have a lobster dish on their menu every night. I hope that doesn't eliminate the free lobster on lobster night, but it could.

Archived