My photos from recent Alaska Cruisetour

srlucado

srlucado - Thanks for the information - and your great pictures? What type of camera did you use - what was the optical zoom? I can't believe your pictures of the bears - they are just beautiful.

We will be doing a cruisetour through Royal Caribbean in about 27 days and we can't wait.

srlucado - Thanks for the information - and your great pictures? What type of camera did you use - what was the optical zoom? I can't believe your pictures of the bears - they are just beautiful.

We will be doing a cruisetour through Royal Caribbean in about 27 days and we can't wait.

Thanks...the camera I used is a Kodak Z712 IS, 7 megapixel, with a 12x optical zoom (36mm-432mm equivalent). Really allowed for some good closeups, I have to say.

It also takes movies; some samples are here (neither are that great, but you'll get an idea):

Grizzly Bears at Denali National Park, May 2008:

Glacier Calving at Glacier Bay, Alaska:

All in all, I shot about 2,000 pictures and a dozen or so movie clips. I filled 2, 2MB data cards plus a 1MB card.

Something else that came in handy was that I had 4 sets of rechargable batteries and a 15-minute recharger. Plus I had some disposable batteries, too, just in case. I really wasn't taking any chances, since this was a trip of a lifetime for me.

Thanks for sharing your photos. How far did you go into Denali?

We were on the Tundra Wilderness Tour, which takes you about 60 miles into the park.
Was that part of your cruisetour or was this a privately booked excursion? Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Just as an update, after being back for nearly two months and now that it's ungodly hot and humid here in Texas, I'm ready to hop on a plane and go back to Anchorage. And stay there.

And largely due to the popularity of Cruisecritic.com, over 2,300 people viewed my online photo album.

(

)

Thanks to everyone who's helped me share the incredible beauty of Alaska & the Yukon.

Archived