Copenhagen-What is Princess Disembarking Procedure/Time

swdke

This past Scandinavian/Russia crusing season on the Grand, on every other cruise, the Grand spent it's last night in port in Copenhagen. On these cruises, on the day of departure, what time were passengers able to disembark? What was the procedure? I know myself from previous cruises, that passengers would disembark according to some color coded procedure. It seemed that Passengers with earlier flights received a color that allowed for disembarking prior to passengers with later flights. Although this makes sence, what if you wanted to depart earlier? As for myself, I am planning on spending another night in Copenhagen, and have plans for this day which require my departing the ship no later than 9 am. Can anyone share experiences about the disembarking procedure in Copenhagen? Thank you.

You shouldn't have a problem (at least based on 2004 experience). Princess started disembarkation about 5 a.m. We added a day in Copenhagen on our own and were scheduled to disembark about 7:30 (my memory isn't as precise as I'd like) and we got off on time. Embarkation begins about noon so Princess wants you off that ship as soon as possible - it'a a tight turn around. It was a fabulous trip - enjoy!

On the day before,the ship arrives in Copenhagen at 1 PM after a brief stop in Helsingor. After the ship arrived at 1 PM, when were passengers permitted to exit the ship to explore Copenhagen? This would be the evening the Grand overnighted in Copenhagen? Thanks.

Now, you are really taxing what is left of my memory. We spent part of that morning packing so that we could enjoy the afternoon in Copenhagen without worrying about getting back to pack and put the bags out. I don't remember feeling "cheated" so I guessing that we were off the ship shortly after 1 p.m. Perhaps soemone with a better memory could confirm. . .

Archived