Take this tour in Ketchikan

e058874

We were on the May 25th Glacier Bay Westerdam sailing and I will tell you all this...the BEST tour we ever did. It's the Bearing Sea Crab Fisherman's tour. Ran $100 May special p.p. You actually go out on a ship that was on the Discovery Channel Deadliest Catch show. It has been modified for tours now. The guys that talk and give the presentation are actually fisherman. When they tell their stories..it's like you are all just buddies talking fishing over a drink. It's like not even being on tour...it's so untouristy!!! If that makes sense. You can book directly through them which I didn't know or I would have. I don't want to leave the name of the website because I'm not sure if that is considered advertising or not. But I'm sure you can do a search on Google to find it. The ship is the Aleutian Ballad. We were able to actually hold huge shrimps and crabs. Well worth it even though it takes most of the time we were in port which was only half a day. Don't miss out on this one!!!

Just did this tour on our 5/25 Westerdam cruise, and it was amazing. My husband and his friend joined me reluctantly on this tour and couldn't stop thanking me or talking about it to others later on. A great tour and an absolutely wonderful bunch of guys/gals on the Aleutian Ballard. Don't think about it - BOOK IT. You won't be disappointed. We paid $99 per person for the May special, and I thought it was an enormous value for the money. Whatever the current price is, it is well worth it. Can't say enough about the wonderful time we had on this excursion.

Archived