Jazz Brunch on the Norwegian Pearl

brunolvr

On our recent cruise, on the last full day of our cruise there was a Jazz Brunch with the Norwegian Showband in Le Bistro from 11 AM to 1 PM.

Has anyone attended this? The menu sounded really great. There was a cost involved. Does anyone know what it was?

I know they are doing the same on the Jade as part of 2.0. I think James posted about it here and there is a blog on another site along with pictures and the menu. It looked great. "Jazz Brunch at Le Bistro, which carries with a $15 pp cover charge"

Sounds classy!

But what's "free"style about it if they charge? ;) (sorry the devil made me do it)

Free is for freedom to choose, not free from surcharges. :eek:

But there are free from surcharges restaurants aboard.

Free is for freedom to choose, not free from surcharges. :eek:

But there are free from surcharges restaurants aboard.

Ron ;)

However sadly we probably will see posts about this that are deadly serious and not ;)ing

Sounds classy!

But what's "free"style about it if they charge? ;) (sorry the devil made me do it)

You sound just like someone I know... :D

But you cannot deny.. this is another charge. Oh boy I can't wait to see what 3.0 brings... hopefully some "free" to go along with all this new "style"

You sound just like someone I know... :D

But you cannot deny.. this is another charge. Oh boy I can't wait to see what 3.0 brings... hopefully some "free" to go along with all this new "style"

Yep, it's a charge, but you can't deny it's a charge that wasn't available at all before. So nothing has been lost :D

If I remember correctly, you're the person that posted something like-- free is the root word in freestyle so it should be free. I'm still tickled about that.

Yep, it's a charge, but you can't deny it's a charge that wasn't available at all before. So nothing has been lost :D

If I remember correctly, you're the person that posted something like-- free is the root word in freestyle so it should be free. I'm still tickled about that.

Ah, perhaps you misunderstood my posts. I never stated that things **should** be free, but that "freestyle" marketing gives an impression that more/most things are available cost-free on the ship.

I firmly believe that freestyle marketing can be most charitably labelled as 'misleading'.

My largest complaint with NCL is that the line, and to a larger extent the cruise industry is moving away from style of vacation I enjoy. I very much prefer "all inclusive" where everything is included (at a higher cost)... where NCL and many cruise lines are moving to "base + frills" approach.

I know many people prefer "base +" so they can pay a lower fare and only pay for what they use. I fully accept this, and believe that there must be more of "them" than customers like me who want to go on vacation and never have to whip out their wallet.

The closest I can get to a 'mainstream' cruise that is AI, is Costa with their X1 card... but even that is far less than ideal. I know there is Regent/Silversea/Azamara as an option, but they are far too 'refined' (aged) for my taste.

So, until the worm turns, and cruises become truely AI (again, as they once were)... I will sail NCL, enjoy my freedom, but wince everytime I read "feestyle".

Ah, perhaps you misunderstood my posts. I never stated that things **should** be free, but that "freestyle" marketing gives an impression that more/most things are available cost-free on the ship.

I firmly believe that freestyle marketing can be most charitably labeled as 'misleading'.

I don't see how a thinking person could come to those conclusions-unless they are making up their own definitions. NCL says "you're free to do 'whatever'. They don't say 'and whatever is free'

I don't see how a thinking person could come to those conclusions-unless they are making up their own definitions. NCL says "you're free to do 'whatever'. They don't say 'and whatever is free'

Guess that's why I enjoy the "freestyle" concept.

I'm free to spend my $$$ or NOT;)

I'll try anything at LeBistro - free or not:)

Archived