Passport in Barbados

O.K., now I am really confused. I have been following this since January when Barbados said that you would need a passport to get off/on the ship in that port. I just read on the Barbados message board that now you do not need a passport if you are there for just the day, Is this true? Thank you!

That is true if you come in on the cruise ship and leave on it you don't need a passport. We got them anyway. The way international security is going I think it is best to have it. icon_cool.gif

RCL Adventure of the Seas July 4, 2004

Till we leave :

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;7;4;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carnival Destiny 7/01

Carnival Pride 7/02

det38.gif Stanley Cup 2004!

We did the same thing as Birdyhunter and got our old passports renewed - just in case. We were in Barbados on March 18th - nothing was said about taking passports off the ship so we left ours in the safe but our cruise ID was checked several times that day by security officers. Security is definitely a issue on Barbados but we felt safe and had a great time. We had not been there for about 10 years and am happy to say it has greatly improved - port wise. If you feel unsecure you might make some photo copies of your passport to carry with you while in port. I plan on doing that for our next cruise - just to have that extra back-up. Have a great time!

I will try to explain this. icon_smile.gif

If even one location on the cruise requires a passport, you must have one to board the ship at the beginning of the cruise. Ships are cleared for entrance into foreign countries as a whole, not individually.

So, if Barbados needs passports, you would show them when you board the ship in Miami (or wherever you start.)

When the ship asks for permission to dock in Barbados the ship shows the manifest to the Barbados officials, showing the required documents for all who are aboard and the whole ship is cleared. Once the ship is cleared, people can go and come without their passports.

I hope that made sense. icon_biggrin.gif

Margie

Celebrating Our Parents 60th Anniversary - Legend of the Seas to Mexico 9/5/04!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;9;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Join Our Legend Roll Call Here

Our Dawn Princess Caribbean Medley Family Cruise 11/23/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;11;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Join Our Dawn Roll Call Here

Windjammer-Flying Cloud 1991

Carnival Elation 1999

NCL Sun 2002

Star Princess 2003

Legend of the Seas 2003

Archived