Viking Sky - Vienna to Amsterdam

silverstash

My wife and I are going on the European Adventure cruise starting from Vienna and ending in Amsterdam August 31, 2008. We have never done the river cruise just the cruise ships. Alaska, Mexico and Transatlantic. Have one question. Can you bring wine on board if bought on a shore excursion? I'm not talking a case, maybe two bottles at most. We have always sampled the local wine in our travels and have had enjoyed them. I have tried to find the answer to this and don't want to violate any policies that Viking has concerning alcohol. Any help will be appreciated

We did take this trip last October. I brought my favorite vodka on board -- no problem! We did purchase a few wines along the way -- again no problem! Indeed, the crew was most helpful by telling us the wines to get vis-a-vis the area through which we were traveling! Of course, if you want to bring these purchases into the dining room, there is a reasonable corkage fee.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

DH & I are doing the Vienna to Amsterdam on the Viking Sky leaving July 6. We already have our info, and it states on pg 27 under beverages "You may bring local wine aboard."

We are counting the days (1 week 5 days till we fly out - 2 days in Salzburg before).:)

Thanks Betty/Avie and GrannyLala,

I appreciate your assistance. We are looking forward to our cruise. We have visited Europe many times over the past years, however always rented a car and made our own plans. It will be terrific just to sit back, relax, watch the scenery and consume our favorite beverage as the world passes by. If you get a chance when you get back please post a review.

Life ain't for whining, worring and working. It's for living, laughing, and loving.

Again thanks for your help,

Silverstash

Archived