Question about luggage tags

amybugg

Hi all!! Got my cruise docs yesterday for my Oosterdam cruise to Alaska on July 12th!!!! I only recieved 2 Oosterdam luggage tags in my docs. I will be checking 3 cases, so do I have to worry about the third suitcase that will not have an Oosterdam tag?

Thanks!!

Short answer, "Yes you have to worry about the third case!" That is, if you're planning to check it in at the terminal. How else will HAL know who the mystery case belongs to, what cabin to take it to?

You should still have time to call HAL and get another tag sent to you. You can take a chance that there will be extra luggage tags at the terminal, but I wouldn't...

Hi Amy - The Oosterdam luggage tags are needed on each piece of luggage so that your bags are delivered to the correct cabin. Maybe your TA could get HAL to send you another one a.s.a.p. If you are flying to the port, don't put the Oosterdam tags on until after you collect your checked bags at the airport.

Have a great time on your cruise.

Virginia

Archived