Sunset Beach Question

GummyBear

You can call Sunset Beach Resort at 1-800-261-5013 if you have any questions or you can go to their website for more info. it's at [url="http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com"]www.sunsetbeachresort.com[/url]. I have called them and this is what I have learned: They can be seen from the ship when you dock and are a short cab ride away. :) There are no need for reservations, just show up with your cruise card to prove you are a cruiser and the fee is $20 for adults and $10 for kids. The day pass is an all inclusive that includes all food, alcohol:D , sodas, snorkel equipment, chairs, beach umbrellas, float mats, tiki huts for shade, 3 pools-one with a swim up bar, 3 beaches, volleyball, paddle boats, canoes, and kids hardback floats. The resort has bathrooms and gift shops also. They do not allow outside vendors so you will not have pushy locals trying to get you to buy their stuff. There is no need to bring beach towels as that is also provided. They do keep your cruise I.D. card at the front desk for security purposes and don't want to get blamed if someone loses it in the pool, on the beach, or in the ocean. No one has reported a problem with that and I figure it's better off in a safe place anyway. I hope this helps, we will be there the first week in November and I will do a detailed review when I get back.

• 2 weeks later...
I know there are two different docks for cruise ships, one at Montego Bay & the other at Ocho Rios. I've seen taxi prices quoted, but don't know from which pier. If anyone would provide info, it would be appreciated.

Thanks to everyone for the info on Sunset Beach. It may turn Jamaica from a port I was dreading to one I am very excited about revisiting.

[quote name='stevel45']How far by cab from the cruise terminal in Ochos Rios to the Sunset
Beach Resort?[/QUOTE]

Too far! [img]http://www.smileycons.com/img/default/0531.gif[/img] Sunset Beach is in Montego Bay which is more than 60 miles from Ocho Rios. The drive would probably take 1 1/2 - 2 hours each way.

Sunset Beach Resort does sound too good to be true doesn't it Gummybear? But when QTPieRye came back she gave Sunset a fantastic review. And when Cinderellie came back, she gave Sunset a great review too saying that all the amenities that we promised would be included were included. So it must be good!:) My husband said that we can get a Jamaican $50 dollar bill for just one American dollar, so $20 American dollars must seem like a fortune to them. It may not sound like much money to us, but they are very poor and the twenty dollars will go a long way. I'm soooo excited, we leave this Sunday!!:D I'll get on the computer and give a detailed review when I come back, I promise!

[font=Arial][size=3][color=blue]Per [/color][/size][/font][url="http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic"][font=Arial][size=3][color=blue]http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic[/color][/size][/font][/url][font=Arial][size=3][color=blue] [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3][color=blue]20 US Dollar = 1,224.80 Jamaican Dollar[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]Wow, Jamaica’s economy must have really tanked! :eek: [/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]DW and I spent a week on the island with our kids16 years ago. The exchange rate was $20 USD = $100 Jamaican ($1 USD = $5 Jamaican). I realize that there has been 16 years of inflation, but WOW![/size][/font]
[font=Times New Roman][size=3]I can still remember the look on my 10 year old son’s face when I handed him $20 Jamaican. He thought he was rich, until he got an economics lesson in the resort’s gift shop :p [/size][/font]

Archived