Please help!!!!!!

Young cruiser

Hello All!

I need help fast. I started planning my next cruise a week or so ago. I will be leavign out of Miami on the carnival Triumph!!!! When I started looking Airfare was arounf 336.00 per person and now a week later it has gone up to 490.00 per person!!! Do you think it will come back down or should I book now at the higher price in case it goes UP even more!!!

ps. it was not my choise to wait i am traveling with people who were dragging there feet and now I am paying the price....lesson learned

Any help would be great

pps I am traveling from Des Moines to Miami for the nov 2 thru 9 sailing.

THANK YOU

Hello All!

I need help fast. I started planning my next cruise a week or so ago. I will be leavign out of Miami on the carnival Triumph!!!! When I started looking Airfare was arounf 336.00 per person and now a week later it has gone up to 490.00 per person!!! Do you think it will come back down or should I book now at the higher price in case it goes UP even more!!!

ps. it was not my choise to wait i am traveling with people who were dragging there feet and now I am paying the price....lesson learned

Any help would be great

THANK YOU

IF you can fly on Saturday, Nov. 1, spend the night in FLL or Miami, then fly out of MIA on the 9th, AA has flights that price out at $344.00, all in. As far as I can see, there are only 4 seats in that fare bucket available.

Here are the flights:

Nov. 1

AA flight 3678-DSM to Dallas-leaves at 3:50PM

AA flight 436-Dallas to Fort Lauderdale-arrives 10:20PM

Overnight in either FLL or MIA-use Priceline for a hotel

Shuttle or tri rail to the terminal in Miami

Nov. 9

AA flight 583-Miami to St. Louis-leaves 2:15PM

AA flight 5320-STL to DSM-arrives 7:45PM

There is also a Delta flight that leaves DSM slightly later (5:00PM) and arrives about midnight for $250. BUT-you will have to spend the night after your cruise in FLL to get on the cheap flight Monday, Nov. 10. With two hotels, you are probably NOT saving any money, but you will need to figure that out. And also if you can miss work or school on Monday. Both Delta flights fly into and out of Fort Lauderdale. If at all possible, look at FLL as well as MIA. Usually about $50.00 cheaper into FLL. And if you have a group of people, you can always rent a car in FLL and drive yourselves to MIA. You NEED to plan on flying a day PRE CRUISE, not cruise day. Just too many glitches in the air system in today's world to take the chance of making it the same day your cruise. Good Luck!!!

Thank you so much. I just booked (the daybefore you are right I am NOT willing to risk it)

I got 350.00pp + tax

Now for a cheap place to stay and a transfer!! I am so worked up over the whole thing I am going to take a break in planning, but thank you for all of the info!!!!

Ashley

We are waiting for august or sept as we will be on the cruise on August 17, 2009 so we are watching very closing what the prices are lke from Milwaukee, Wi to Los Angles. Best keep your eyes open .....

There is a Rodeway Inn on South Miami Beach, a block from the ocean. It's a small hotel, not like the ones across the street, but was only eighty dollars. Great location, not hard to hail a taxi, not too expensive to reach the port.

I was thinking about the Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale Expedia has it for 30.00:confused: for the night. We will be getting in at 11pm and leaving early the next morning and I don't have it in me to pay a ton for less than 12 hours. The pics look nice and the reviews are either really good or really bad ( just like the cruise reviews;) ). I think it might be a tough sale to my Mom however...has anyone used this hotel before?

I am also looking into paying more for a hotel the has a free shuttle from the airport. Just another option

What have you used in the past as a shuttle service to the port of Miami from Ft. Lauderdale?

After booking the cruise, stressing about airfare (nearly all everday for a week:eek: ) and reading on CC I am burnt out for today.

THANK YOU everyone for all of your help.......

Ashley

I was thinking about the Ramada Plaza Fort Lauderdale Expedia has it for 30.00:confused: for the night.

Do you mean $30? If so, take it as you wouldn't even get that price by using priceline.com (which by the way is a useful approach to get a low cost room for the night. Of course, check out biddingfortravel.com first.) If you need to book directly, check out Sleep Inn and Suites in Dania, Fl. They offer free transportation to/from FLL (but I believe this is only up to 11 pm) and to the cruise port in FLL. (Also free are daily newspapers, local calls, Internet, and a continental breakfast.) I think that they do offer some form of travel to the Miami cruise terminal, but since I did not use this option, I don't know the particulars.

Hello All!

Any help would be great

THANK YOU

Trying to plan flights with people that were dragging their feet would drive me crazy!! I would simply book my own flights for the times etc that work best for me and let those "draggers" take care of their own next time :) It really doesn't matter if everyones on the same flights if it means you are going to end up paying alot more in the end because they were dragging their feet :) I see further down that one of the wonderful posters has helped you find flights and you have booked :) Now sit back and enjoy the wait :D

Trying to plan flights with people that were dragging their feet would drive me crazy!! I would simply book my own flights for the times etc that work best for me and let those "draggers" take care of their own next time :) It really doesn't matter if everyones on the same flights if it means you are going to end up paying alot more in the end because they were dragging their feet :) I see further down that one of the wonderful posters has helped you find flights and you have booked :) Now sit back and enjoy the wait :D

Sorry I forgot to mention that the part that they were dragging their feet on was which cruise we were going to book:mad: . The Truimph out of Miami or the Pride out of Los Angeles...so I needed to know which city to fly to ....I finally picked the Triumph and told them if they wanted to come along great... if not...sorry. Harsh, I know, but when you are dealing with air prices today to have to jump quick if you find something cheap.....it took me 6 straight hours:eek: to find the rate that I got !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley

Not everytime but on our upcoming cruise in the fall I booked air travel one way on different carriers and save $$$$. We are a family of 6 and needed to save where I could. Got great rates from Detroit to FLL even though we are cruising out of Miami, just cheaper to fly into FLL, rent a vehicle to drive to Miami.

We stayed at the Embassy in MIA this year (cruise from Miami). This worked for a group of 4 including two teenagers (one was a friend) so they could stay in the living room (other option was two rooms). Price was about $180.00 in high season (with tax) BUT it included a hotel transfer, cooked breakfast for 4, and a Managers reception with unlimited drinks from 5-7.

I usually check out Trip Advisor to read reviews and get a feel for the quality and cleanliness of a hotel before I book. Take the reviews with a grain of salt, that is, if someone is complaining about plastic cups or other little things, but over all you can get an idea of what the hotel is like. $30 is a bargain!

I usually check out Trip Advisor to read reviews and get a feel for the quality and cleanliness of a hotel before I book. Take the reviews with a grain of salt, that is, if someone is complaining about plastic cups or other little things, but over all you can get an idea of what the hotel is like. $30 is a bargain!

Yes, tripadvisor.com is a great resource. Full disclosure, I contribute traveler comments to the site. The site seems pretty diligent about filtering out "shill" and "planted" reviews.

There's been several "hidden camera" news pieces to check housekeeping practices at hotels and motels. Drinking glasses are sometimes just wiped dry between guests and not replaced with clean ones. In one case it was at a very high-end Manhattan hotel. I consider plastic cups in the sealed bag a good thing !

Archived