Do We Have to Book tours thru Cruise Centre

vickie_bernie

I've been doing some research on Grand Turk we always do our own tours, usually booked thru idependent operators.

It seems that the only tours I can seem to find out about are the ones thru the Cruise Centre.

We are interested in Gibbs Cay and also the Hop on HOp off bus.

We tried to do the hop on hop off bus when we were on Grand Turk but it ended up being more expensive than buying it on the ship. I had gone to their web site prior to going and the posted prices were not what they charged when we got to the island. Taxi's were very expensive too. They are priced by where you want to go on the island in zones. We ended up just staying at the cruise port and had a great time. I would look at some of the other threads and consider renting a golf cart if you are looking for a way to get around the island without paying too much.

We tried to do the hop on hop off bus when we were on Grand Turk but it ended up being more expensive than buying it on the ship. I had gone to their web site prior to going and the posted prices were not what they charged when we got to the island. Taxi's were very expensive too. They are priced by where you want to go on the island in zones. We ended up just staying at the cruise port and had a great time. I would look at some of the other threads and consider renting a golf cart if you are looking for a way to get around the island without paying too much.

Can you help me out,regarding rental of a golf cart ? Do you have to reserve one in advance and where do you get one?

Thanks,Linda

there is a thread about the golf carts. I can't remember the price exactly, but I believe it was about $60 for the day. I believe they are to your left when you go out of the cruise terminal. We did not see them and our "kids" (18 and 20) just wanted to hang out at Margarittaville so that is what we ended up doing. I would have preferred to go around the island as I understand that it is very safe and not crowded. Have a great time!

Archived