Canada/New England

Hello,

We're debating between HAL and RCI for a 7 - 9 day Canada/New England cruise. We don't want to leave from New York and do want to cruise next spring. We've never cruised RCI but really love Princess and NCL - especially anytime dining. I understand that RCI is experimenting with anytime dining, but, really, we would be happy if we could just get a table for 2 even if it is at a set time. We are in our early 60's and prefer quiet calm cruises - no late nights and no partying.

For you who have experienced both, would we be happier on HAL or RCI?

I would appreciate any input!

I've never sailed HAL, but LOVE RCI. We're doing the 9-nt NE/Canada itinerary this summer out of Bayonne, NJ. The My Time Dining option is supposed to be available fleet-wide on all RCI ships by the end of this year. Even if they didn't, however, there are tables for two in the dining rooms--not a lot, but they do exist. Whichever cruiseline you choose, I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Karen

From what you've stated I think Celebrity would be a good match for you. I've done the 9 day canada New England on the Constellation and it was wonderful. I sail more on RCL and it sounds to high energy for what you described.

Archived