Airtran w/30 minute layover in Atl???????

Cookie2boys

Don't do it.

If your plane takes off from the original airport just a few minutes late or is delayed landing in ATL for some reason you are screwed.

Save yourself the stress.

HDawson I love ya but we wouldn't want anyone to miss the boat would we?

Cookie are you using RIC or PHF?

If PHF to Florida you may be able to score some decent non stop flights.

Without more information I really don't know but just a thought.

Sure, it doable, but not a good idea to book any flights anywhere with only a 30 minute layover. Not only do you have to make the connection, but so does your luggage ! :eek: Thinking that if everything is on time you will have 30 minutes to get into your seat from one flight to the next isn't realistic as almost all of the Airtran flights that we've been on, that were running on time, had closed the door to the plane 10 minutes prior to the listed departure time. And no, I don't know for certain how many people missed their flight but I do know that several flights had an awful lot of empty prime seats ;) Yes, in Atlanta you will likely be in the same terminal but it can still be a lengthy distance between gates although you could get lucky and have gates fairly close together. How lucky do you feel???:)

ATL was our connection too but with more time. The part I wasn't counting on was our departing flight from FLL being delayed due to weather. We made our flight after literally running from one gate to the other but didn't have time for our planned dinner and our pre-arranged (at an additional cost) seats were given away. 30 minutes seems way too tight for my comfort.

2P.P1

Archived