Carnival Miracle questions

bmb

We did this excursion in St. Thomas just last week and loved it. :D I don't take many excursions but this I'm glad I did. They drive you across the ocean passing beautiful homes of stars, Madonna, Micheal Jackson, etc., and give you a small bus ride to the beach where beautiful pictures are taken. I snorkeled about 1hr 1/2 in deeper waters and the give life jackets if needed. There were many beautiful sizes of colorful fish and corals. This excursion is worth $69 for 4hours.

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursionDetails.aspx?portcode=STT&excursionname=St.+John+Trunk+Bay+Beach+%26+Snorkel&excursioncode=434016

If you have other questions I'd be glad to help. This was my 3rd time on Miracle and is about my favorite ship of the 30 Carnival I've sailed. It's beautiful and very clean. I loved the dining room with a ceiling full of purple grapes. The food was really good and you have many things to try. I loved the deli on Lido and cappucino pie and taramisu for dessert. You'll love your cruise and I wish I was going again.:)

Cassandra

Hi Cassandra,

It was great meeting you last week.

We did the same excursion. It was absoutely beautiful. The water is crystal clear and the sand is so soft. I am so glad we did this, too.

Hi Cassandra,

It was great meeting you last week.

We did the same excursion. It was absoutely beautiful. The water is crystal clear and the sand is so soft. I am so glad we did this, too.

Hi Kathy:

It was great meeting you and your husband. On another thread I asked you a question, did you book a new cruise on the Miracle last week? I almost did to get some OBC or better offer purchasing onboard, but the Carnival booking service was never open when I checked.

Hi Kathy:

It was great meeting you and your husband. On another thread I asked you a question, did you book a new cruise on the Miracle last week? I almost did to get some OBC or better offer purchasing onboard, but the Carnival booking service was never open when I checked.

I just answered your question in the other thread. The Purser said they didn't have any deals for booking while onboard so I didn't. The Paradise cruise was already booked before we went on the Miracle.

Where was the Carnival booking service located? I didn't see it.

I loved the Miracle---it was my first cruise ship. Clean, well-built, pretty. The staff was wonderful. Food was great, our balcony was my favorite place to relax.

However, be sure you can handle the NYC/Jerseyites. I'm a northern Virginia girl----I was NOT prepared for the yelling, screaming, complaining, rude, semi-violent passengers. I have friends in NYC who I love dearly, so I'm not saying the whole state and all of NJ are the same---but we either had really, really bad luck in the group we happened to sail with, or NYC-area passengers aren't exactly my cup of tea. And before someone questions how I could know where they were from----accents, my friends, accents! Clearly NY/NJ born-and-raised people, with some Philly kids thrown in for good measure.

If you're from the area, obviously, you'll be OK. But, on my sailing at least, I found the ship to be filled with "the stereotypical angry NYers". I'm hoping someone else can come on and let us know the Miracle out of NYC isn't ALWAYS that bad----it's a nice close train ride for me, I'd like to keep my options open.

I totally disagree with you. I am a native NYer and I am not what "YOU Describe". Yes, NYers can be like that but so can people from any other place in the world. I really think you are stereotyping. Not every NYer is angry....maybe the ones you met on your cruise were angry, but I can honestly say, not all of us are like that. I have travelled a lot and I have met good and bad all over. So please don't group us as "angry Nyers". :rolleyes: Your a Virginia girl....I'm sure there are some bad stereotype remarks from there.....should I find them and post them on here? ;)

I sailed the Miracle last year and everyone was happy and friendly and most were from the NY/NJ area. ;)

You can have bad people on any cruise from any area in this world, so just remember it. Please leave my people alone. :D

Our family sails in about 59 days on the Miracle along with 4 other families this time. Our last cruise on the Legend 2005 in July (out of NY) had to be our favorite out of 4 cruises. We are from Jersey (south), and we meet people from upstate NY, Conn., Boston, Penn., & Ohio. I'm sorry you had this experience. I do think the New York cruises do attract more of the Northeast, Just like when we sailed the Conquest out of New Orleans and there were alot of Texans on our Cruise, and that was alot of fun also! You have to realize you never know who you really are sailing with on any cruise. Just have fun and don't worry about anything. Isn't that what a vacation is all about? Happy Sailings in the future!!

We are also on this sailing with our family (DW, DS 13, DD 10). There is a roll call started in the other section of Cruise Critic, come over and join us!

We are looking forward to sailing the Miracle after 6 NCL cruises out of Boston and NYC.

I loved the Miracle---it was my first cruise ship. Clean, well-built, pretty. The staff was wonderful. Food was great, our balcony was my favorite place to relax.

However, be sure you can handle the NYC/Jerseyites. I'm a northern Virginia girl----I was NOT prepared for the yelling, screaming, complaining, rude, semi-violent passengers. I have friends in NYC who I love dearly, so I'm not saying the whole state and all of NJ are the same---but we either had really, really bad luck in the group we happened to sail with, or NYC-area passengers aren't exactly my cup of tea. And before someone questions how I could know where they were from----accents, my friends, accents! Clearly NY/NJ born-and-raised people, with some Philly kids thrown in for good measure.

If you're from the area, obviously, you'll be OK. But, on my sailing at least, I found the ship to be filled with "the stereotypical angry NYers". I'm hoping someone else can come on and let us know the Miracle out of NYC isn't ALWAYS that bad----it's a nice close train ride for me, I'd like to keep my options open.

Maybe you should save your money and fly down to Fl and cruise from there if you can't tolerate a NY/NJ accent:rolleyes:

I totally disagree with you. I am a native NYer and I am not what "YOU Describe".

You didn't bother to read my post in full, and CERTAINLY didn't bother to read my second post on this thread (especially the parts where I clearly state I'm not generalizing, and that I'm hoping to be proved wrong!!!). You don't exactly help your argument that NYers are nice, caring people when you jump all over someone for a perceived slight that doesn't actually exist. :(

And to the poster who suggests I "don't like the accents" and should just go somewhere else: Seriously, what the heck? I posted an honest concern I had, based on my trip on the Miracle, and ASKED you guys to prove me wrong. Cruise Critic has always been a welcoming, friendly place.....apparently, unless someone thinks you have criticized NYC in any way. Forget it.

I liked sailing out of NYC. I loved the Miracle. I met many nice people. However, I was less than fond of some of the actions of my fellow passengers, and I happened to notice that the worst offenders were locals. That's ALL I was saying.

You didn't bother to read my post in full, and CERTAINLY didn't bother to read my second post on this thread (especially the parts where I clearly state I'm not generalizing, and that I'm hoping to be proved wrong!!!). You don't exactly help your argument that NYers are nice, caring people when you jump all over someone for a perceived slight that doesn't actually exist. :(

And to the poster who suggests I "don't like the accents" and should just go somewhere else: Seriously, what the heck? I posted an honest concern I had, based on my trip on the Miracle, and ASKED you guys to prove me wrong. Cruise Critic has always been a welcoming, friendly place.....apparently, unless someone thinks you have criticized NYC in any way. Forget it.

I liked sailing out of NYC. I loved the Miracle. I met many nice people. However, I was less than fond of some of the actions of my fellow passengers, and I happened to notice that the worst offenders were locals. That's ALL I was saying.

Ohhh I read your posts....you had mentioned that maybe "NYC residents posibbly aren't your cup of tea"

If you're not generalizing, why even mention the "rude people from NYC"....just say that you encountered "Rude people". and I'm not jumping all over you. I'm just calling it as I see it. ;) Like I said, you can encounter rude people from anywhere in this world. Not only from one area. Yes, you didn't like the "LOCALS". I bet if you went on a cruise out of Florida or Texas or California, you probably would find a few rude people from there.

With regard to accents....I have news for you....we ALL have accents. NYC people have accents, people from Virginia and the South have accents, people from New England have accents, Texans have accents. We all have accents.

And I am very nice....You don't know me or know anything about me. Just because I said what I said, doesn't mean I'm not nice.

Just don't put location tags on rude people because they are all over the world. ;)

I just answered your question in the other thread. The Purser said they didn't have any deals for booking while onboard so I didn't. The Paradise cruise was already booked before we went on the Miracle.

Where was the Carnival booking service located? I didn't see it.

The Carnival booking was located near where we met for debarkation. Each time I walked by the desk which was where they sold Carnival cards, no one was available. I remember that is where I talked to one about a new cruise when we were on Miracle in Dec. It was across the coffee place.

Hello-

I am considering trying the Carnival Miracle out of NYC for the 8 day Eastern Carib cruise. I have cruised twice with NCL. I wanted to know if anyone has cruised Carnival Miracle and if the staterooms with balconies have mini refridges in those rooms. Also, I know that have set seating for dinner. Do they have seating for 2 only or you have to sit with a group of people? Also, how many seatings do they have? Is the latest one the best one to go with? Prices on drinks? Any other info would be totally appreciated.

Thanks!!!!:)

I've been on the Miracle twice and its a very good ship with a very good crew. To answer your questions yes to both. I would love to cruise on the Miracle again but I dont see it happening not because of the ship but because of the cost. I've had to cut back on cruising. Have a great time I know you will

See, I knew saying something would get hell upon my head. :)

Please guys, I said that I was NOT generalizing all of NYC and NJ. I said that I had friends there, and they were great. In fact, I ASKED for you guys to come on here and tell me that I just happened to get a bad group on my sailing. All I said was MY SAILING at ONE point in time was filled with almost-comically stereotypical New Yorkers. If my sailing can be bad, of course, any of them can, but I'm hoping it is a rare event!

This is a board that is supposed to help and inform. I had a bad experience on Miracle, caused by people with NYC-area accents, some of whom fully admitted to being locals (overheard by me). I'm NOT saying all people from the area are bad. No one needs to convince me that the area isn't filled with a bunch of jerks. Don't worry, AAAA! :p I have friends there, I love the area. My concern is with some of the locals that take advantage of the easy departure from NYC. I'm asking whether they show up on every ship, or I just was really unlucky in my sailing.

What I DO want is people to tell us they had great experiences on the Miracle outta NYC---that the people were nice, friendly, not-violent, and not-screaming-constantly at friends, family, and staff. That'll tell me that the Miracle is usually a lovely ship, and I caught a bad sailing. That's all I want. Please?

You stereotype NY/NJ people, their accents.. or at least those you think were from NY/NJ... then you backtrack .. and the NY'ers and Jersey folks are not supposed to get upset? Should I have assumed all those who were missing their front teeth on my Miracle cruise (and there were quite a few..) were from Virginia?

"..Semi Violent passengers ..." Someone is either violent or they are not and if you noticed something violent you should have been more specific.

"... My concern is with some of the locals that take advantage of the easy departure from NYC. I'm asking whether they show up on every ship..." (But you chose the sailing because it's a nice close train ride :rolleyes:

So what you are saying here is that you were hoping the locals, aka those from NY/NJ... do not sail out of NY on every ship..

Then you think Sandi was exhibiting more unacceptable behavior by her comments to you?? Based on your words?? Sandi is one of the sweetest most helpful posters on this site.. A TRUE NEW YORKER...

"I happened to notice that the worst offenders were locals" This statement is just too funny, did you ID everyone that offended you?

I agree with the other poster who suggested you try Florida.. perhaps you will find the decimal level of their voices and perhaps their accents more acceptable... and by the way I read your postings twice... you didnt help your argument...:rolleyes: You made no apology for your ignorance and prejudice and just tried rationalize it.

You stereotype NY/NJ people, their accents.. or at least those you think were from NY/NJ... then you backtrack .. and the NY'ers and Jersey folks are not supposed to get upset? Should I have assumed all those who were missing their front teeth on my Miracle cruise (and there were quite a few..) were from Virginia?

"..Semi Violent passengers ..." Someone is either violent or they are not and if you noticed something violent you should have been more specific.

"... My concern is with some of the locals that take advantage of the easy departure from NYC. I'm asking whether they show up on every ship..." (But you chose the sailing because it's a nice close train ride :rolleyes:

So what you are saying here is that you were hoping the locals, aka those from NY/NJ... do not sail out of NY on every ship..

Then you think Sandi was exhibiting more unacceptable behavior by her comments to you?? Based on your words?? Sandi is one of the sweetest most helpful posters on this site.. A TRUE NEW YORKER...

"I happened to notice that the worst offenders were locals" This statement is just too funny, did you ID everyone that offended you?

I agree with the other poster who suggested you try Florida.. perhaps you will find the decimal level of their voices and perhaps their accents more acceptable... and by the way I read your postings twice... you didnt help your argument...:rolleyes: You made no apology for your ignorance and prejudice and just tried rationalize it.

Thanks for your kind words Toni. :) :)

With regard to accents....I have news for you....we ALL have accents. NYC people have accents, people from Virginia and the South have accents, people from New England have accents, Texans have accents. We all have accents.

I'm from New England. I don't believe I have an accent. I tawk just like everyone else. I paahk my cah just like everyone else. Although I will admit sometimes I don't use my blinka. I eat my grindas like everyone else and go to cawfee like otha people. :D Ok maybe I have a slight accent.

Fine. You guys can dismiss my experience all you want. Some of you are just being intentionally dense at this point. The only reason I brought up accents was because THAT'S HOW I KNEW THE PROBLEM PASSENGERS WERE FROM THE NYC-AREA. Sure, there were some other problems I saw, where I couldn't hear the people's voices, or they did not have an accent. But the WORST problems were ALL from people who had local-area accents.

For god's sake, do you really think I dislike the ACCENT? I can't believe anyone could have honestly read my posts and thought that's what I was trying to say.

I hated the constant, top-of-voice screaming. I hated the way those SPECIFIC passengers treated the staff as though they were their own personal servants. I saw women being abused verbally and physically (I saw a woman hit across the face, and security had to break it up) by their husbands/boyfriends (in both english and spanish). I saw kids shove a little old lady outta the way as she walked up the stairs and tell her "That's how we do it in the BRONX, lady". Except they didn't say lady. I don't even know the differences between the boroughs. I'm not making this crap up.

Angry middle-aged women stood in the middle of almost every public space, blocking traffic, loudly berating the crew for some stupid offense like "not putting enough alcohol in my drink" and "WHY can't you go find my husband? Page him or something! No, because I don't WANT to have to get out of my chair and look for him. You need to bring him here to ME.". I hated the leering and running commentary from the sleazy guys sitting by the pool----apparently, as girls, we should enjoy kissing noises and catcalls when in our swimsuits. The sense of entitlement and unbelievable rudeness were beyond my understanding.

I started thinking that maybe CRUISES weren't for me. I mentioned that at dinner to the group I was traveling with, and they told me they'd never seen anything like it on any of the other ports they had cruised out of. And we're talking a group of people with 10 cruises each under their belts, from all the east-coast ports---with this being the first time outta NYC. They said that this trip outta NYC had the rudest passengers they'd ever sailed with, and that other trips/ports hadn't been like this at all.

So I'm sorry if you disagree. I'm sorry if you find my HONEST experience offensive. The only reason I posted was to get NYC-cruisers to PLEASE tell me that my trip was NOT THE NORMAL NYC SAILING. Instead, I get told to go cruise elsewhere, that I'm stereotyping (funny, when I was joking around that my cruise had many of the caricatures of new yorkers on it.....obviously, I don't believe the stereotype!), etc. Forget it. You guys not only did not help me, but you made me not want to post on CC any of my experiences. Thanks for alleviating my worry that all NYC cruises would be filled with jerks. I feel so much better now.

I'm from New England. I don't believe I have an accent. I tawk just like everyone else. I paahk my cah just like everyone else. Although I will admit sometimes I don't use my blinka. I eat my grindas like everyone else and go to cawfee like otha people. :D Ok maybe I have a slight accent.

What's a grinda? Is that a sub sandwich like a hero? LOL!!!! :D

LOL I just had a visual of Roy Shneider in Jaws pretending to have a New England accent.. LOL!

Fine. You guys can dismiss my experience all you want. Some of you are just being intentionally dense at this point. The only reason I brought up accents was because THAT'S HOW I KNEW THE PROBLEM PASSENGERS WERE FROM THE NYC-AREA. Sure, there were some other problems I saw, where I couldn't hear the people's voices, or they did not have an accent. But the WORST problems were ALL from people who had local-area accents.

For god's sake, do you really think I dislike the ACCENT? I can't believe anyone could have honestly read my posts and thought that's what I was trying to say.

I hated the constant, top-of-voice screaming. I hated the way those SPECIFIC passengers treated the staff as though they were their own personal servants. I saw women being abused verbally and physically (I saw a woman hit across the face, and security had to break it up) by their husbands/boyfriends (in both english and spanish). I saw kids shove a little old lady outta the way as she walked up the stairs and tell her "That's how we do it in the BRONX, lady". Except they didn't say lady. I don't even know the differences between the boroughs. I'm not making this crap up.

Angry middle-aged women stood in the middle of almost every public space, blocking traffic, loudly berating the crew for some stupid offense like "not putting enough alcohol in my drink" and "WHY can't you go find my husband? Page him or something! No, because I don't WANT to have to get out of my chair and look for him. You need to bring him here to ME.". I hated the leering and running commentary from the sleazy guys sitting by the pool----apparently, as girls, we should enjoy kissing noises and catcalls when in our swimsuits. The sense of entitlement and unbelievable rudeness were beyond my understanding.

I started thinking that maybe CRUISES weren't for me. I mentioned that at dinner to the group I was traveling with, and they told me they'd never seen anything like it on any of the other ports they had cruised out of. And we're talking a group of people with 10 cruises each under their belts, from all the east-coast ports---with this being the first time outta NYC. They said that this trip outta NYC had the rudest passengers they'd ever sailed with, and that other trips/ports hadn't been like this at all.

So I'm sorry if you disagree. I'm sorry if you find my HONEST experience offensive. The only reason I posted was to get NYC-cruisers to PLEASE tell me that my trip was NOT THE NORMAL NYC SAILING. Instead, I get told to go cruise elsewhere, that I'm stereotyping (funny, when I was joking around that my cruise had many of the caricatures of new yorkers on it.....obviously, I don't believe the stereotype!), etc. Forget it. You guys not only did not help me, but you made me not want to post on CC any of my experiences. Thanks for alleviating my worry that all NYC cruises would be filled with jerks. I feel so much better now.

I do not doubt you experienced these things. .. I completely believe they happened.. What I dismiss is, that that is was done entirely by NY'ers.. But oh wait, You are now saying they spoke English/Spanish... :rolleyes:

Let me leave you with this thought to ponder, NY'ers do not have the monopoly on rudeness or bad behavior..

You clearly stated in your post about the accents and how rude NYers were, did you really think no one from the metro area would respond?

Rude people dwell all over the world, infact I bet there might even be some in Virgina ;)

Ohhh I read your posts....you had mentioned that maybe "NYC residents posibbly aren't your cup of tea"

If you're not generalizing, why even mention the "rude people from NYC"....just say that you encountered "Rude people". and I'm not jumping all over you. I'm just calling it as I see it. ;) Like I said, you can encounter rude people from anywhere in this world. Not only from one area. Yes, you didn't like the "LOCALS". I bet if you went on a cruise out of Florida or Texas or California, you probably would find a few rude people from there.

And I am very nice....You don't know me or know anything about me. Just because I said what I said, doesn't mean I'm not nice.

Just don't put location tags on rude people because they are all over the world. ;)

Hey Sandi! I know you, you are super nice and I love, love, love your accent :)

Archived