I know this must have been asked a million times

But let me ask it again. Dis-embarking in Miami, what is the earliest safe departure time from Fort Lauderdale. The 11:00 AM flight is about $500 (for 4) cheaper than anything else until about 6:PM.

I have made a 10:30 easily. Just do express debarkation, grab a cab and you can be at FLL by 8:00. As long as the ship arrives on time and no problem with customs. It is always a gamble, but I have done this for 3 cruises and have not had a problem.

I, too, would risk it--there's nothing worse than waiting hours and hours for a flight home! Just tell the customer service desk that you have an early flight--they will make sure you're in one of the 1st groups off the ship.

Make sure you have your boarding passes or other forms to show the flight times. They get so many people requesting early departure they want to make certain the request is legitimate. This happened to us this past Jan.

Archived