Great Stirrup Cay?

ucmom3

:confused: :confused: Why is there no mention of this beach? I know it is owned by NCL, but no one ever asks or talks about it. I have a few ?'s if someone wouldn't mind answering, please. Is this port just a beach area? Are there places to eat, and are they expensive? I've seen some pics on webshots and the beach looks somewhat crowded. Is swimming the only activity? Are there any shopping areas, or sovenir shops? If anyone can answer any of my ?'s I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Try the Private Islands port of call board here-- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=406

This port is mostly just beach, but there are a few paths that one can follow inland a little ways. They will serve a free buffet lunch there. Everything on the island is run by cruise ship staff and people who come to the island just for the cruise ship day. No one actually lives there, I don't think. There is a little shopping where a few people have set up booths. It does get crowded at the beach area, so I would suggest going early and staking out a place. There is volleyball and hammocks, and you can pay for floating rafts, waverunners, and hang gliding, I think. A fun, relaxing day.

:o Thanks for your reply. I didn't notice the private island board. There is alot of info on there. Seems to be a very over crowded kind of place. I will take your advice and head out early. Thanks again!

Archived