Tampa Hotel- Embassy Westshore or Chase Suites

kgerkin

We need a two bedroom hotel room for 2 days prior to our cruise July 27th. Does anyone have any suggestions or preferences regarding the two listed above? We want to be close to activities (mall, dining) etc.

Thanks for any info.

Karen

Chase Suites is at Rocky Point, near the airport and right on Tampa Bay. Embassy Westshore is right next to Interstate 275 and everyones favorite restaurant, the Waffle House.:D Its really a nice business hotel with a decent restaurant, but no scenic views. Go for the Chase!

Mark

We stayed at The Embassy Suites Westshore last month. I cut and pasted this from my review:

We booked two rooms at the Embassy Suites Westshore because I was able to use credit card points. The hotel was fine but I have stayed at Embassy Suites all over the country and always been happy. This is a slightly older Embassy Suites. It doesn’t have the open atrium with glass elevators that we are used to but it does have the drinks at the Manager’s Reception and a great breakfast in morning included. The rooms we had all had balconies and were very spacious and well laid out. The rooms also had a small kitchen which was a nice addition. The hotel is across from a mall and there is a Walgreens within walking distance for any last minute cruising supplies. There is not a liquor store within walking distance though.

We decided to take a cab from the airport so we could stop by a liquor store rather than the free shuttle that the Embassy Suites provides. I guess we could have used the shuttle to get to the hotel and then to go back out to a liquor store but we were ready to start of vacation and the cab seemed easier. There is a new Embassy Suites closer to the port in the downtown area that I would recommend over this one. We were starving when we arrived at the hotel. The front desk recommended an Italian restaurant across the street called Magiano’s (or something like it) but we opted to go the Waffle House right beside the house because it would be easier for our 3-year old who had behaved very well during the flight. We quickly ate and headed to the hotel swimming pool which we had all to ourselves. My daughter swam and we enjoyed some free drinks and sat in the hot tub.

2012384830102591727S425x425Q85.jpg

2290551810102591727S425x425Q85.jpg

Time passed quickly and my parents arrived at 8:00. They were hungry so we went to dinner at Chipotle one block from the hotel and grabbed an ice cream at the gas station next door. It was getting late so we bubble wrapped our liquor and called it a night. My sister, brother and brother in law showed up a few hours later but didn’t wake us up.

We need a two bedroom hotel room for 2 days prior to our cruise July 27th. Does anyone have any suggestions or preferences regarding the two listed above? We want to be close to activities (mall, dining) etc.

Thanks for any info.

Karen

Here's the view from our balcony:

2842331020102591727S425x425Q85.jpg

If you look in the top left corner, you can see the edge of the mall parking lot.

There was also a Steak and Ale about 1 block away. The Embassy Suites shuttle will take you anywhere within 3 miles.

Thanks for any info.

Karen

Here's the view from our balcony:

2842331020102591727S425x425Q85.jpg

If you look in the upper left corner, you can see the edge of the mall parking lot.

The shuttle will take you anywhere within 3 miles.

Archived