renewal of vows

carmensmom

Is anyone familar with the deluxe version of the renewal of vows? Is the breakfast in bed comparable to breakfast on the balcony or is it off the room service menu? Also the robes, are they the waffle robes or the plush ones? Any info on the deluxe renewal of vows would be greatly apprecated. We are sailing on the Sapphire princess to Alaska in Aug.

I didn't do the deluxe version, so I can't answer your specific question on the "extras". To my knowledge and all that I've read here, the ceremonies are private except for Valentine's Day (I assume because there are so many).

The ceremony is lovely and Princess does an excellent job. Although we didn't pay for the Deluxe, we did get the bridge tour and thoroughly enjoyed it!

We enjoyed the "Deluxe Vow Renewal" on the Tahitian Princess for our 25th anniversary. We were given the plush terry robes but they were wrapped so nicely I keep them wrapped for packing and we asked for waffle robes to use. We had champagne delivered the first night-Moet Chandon, and a plate of canapes every evening around 4. They were nothing special. We had the balcony breakfast with a split of champagne. I didn't like the food but the mimosas were great. we got a tour of the bridge and a private ceremony in the library with the Captain. We had our photos taken and got a free 8x10 in a "silver" frame. All in all it was great and we plan to do it again on our 50th.:D

Well it looks like the deluxe version will be the way to go. It sounds like its worth the price with all the extras that are included. We want it to be special, and sense you say you would do it again I take it that they do a good job. Does anyone have any pictures posted?

8 of us did it lat year and yes on Valentines day.

Not the deluxe package. Actually 4 guys met on the roll call and decided to surprise the gals. Funny all 4 women still said yes.

Enjoy it....

• 4 weeks later...
We enjoyed the "Deluxe Vow Renewal" on the Tahitian Princess for our 25th anniversary. We were given the plush terry robes but they were wrapped so nicely I keep them wrapped for packing and we asked for waffle robes to use. We had champagne delivered the first night-Moet Chandon, and a plate of canapes every evening around 4. They were nothing special. We had the balcony breakfast with a split of champagne. I didn't like the food but the mimosas were great. we got a tour of the bridge and a private ceremony in the library with the Captain. We had our photos taken and got a free 8x10 in a "silver" frame. All in all it was great and we plan to do it again on our 50th.:D

Dear WeBeGone (or anyone else who's done a vow renewal on the smaller ships),

Could you tell us more about the actual ceremony on the Tahitian? We're thinking of doing a vow renewal for our 10th anniversary on the Pacific Princess. Sounds like you have a fabulous experience.

But the asterisk on the Princess website (*Renewal of Vows is a group ceremony at the ship's discretion. All arrangements will be made by the ship's representative onboard) is kind of scary.

From searching the boards it seems like everyone has had a private ceremony (maybe except for Valentine's Day) and we really would prefer a private experience. Has anyone booked a renewal of vows and found it was a "group ceremony?" Could you back out at that point?

Thanks for any help. We're going to have a wonderful cruise and a fantastic anniversary in any event. Just thought the vow renewal would make it extra-special.

Kathi & Leo

My husband and I renewed our vows for our 25th aboard the Crown, we had a lovely private ceremony conducted by the captain in the chapel. It is a printed ceremony which he reads and then is given to you. We did not have the deluxe package. We each had flowers, mine was a lively orchard bouquet and we had a photographer taking pictures of the ceremony. We recieved a siver colored frame a free photo , a bottle of champagne and two souvenior glasses, the printed ceremony and a renewal of vows certificate. We enjoyed it very much and would recommend it to anyone that wants to make their anniversary special.:D

At there discretion means the date on your cuise and time.

You will be contacted well in advance (days) and VERY well organised.

Our's was valentines and yes private still. Just before the group in atrium caption did ceremony in his lounge. BOOK IT for sure

Archived