Spirit Internet Cafe?

Go to NCL.com for all the details but let me tell you a 12 year old can spend more in the internet cafe then the cruise costs. Depending on the plan purchased $.40 to $.75 per minute.and yes she can go by herself, login, and charge $100s to the room.

Thank you, But can you use the internet for free in the child care room?

:rolleyes:

Oh lord, I hope my sister doesn't find out, All she does is go on the internet.

>.>'

She can be very stubborn.

I hope your sister finds out before she goes on the internet. I remember watching a girl on her cell phone pool side. After 40 minutes I walked up to her father and asked if he had any idea how much that call costs. He said sure it is free we have five bars :eek: I said expect $2.50 a minute and he insisted it was free. I would have loved to see his face when they opened the bill a few weeks later.

The speed is very slow, think dial-up. It would take a few minutes just to upload 1 picture at moderate resolution. Waiting for a website to load up would also take a minute or two. Just make sure the charges go to her account:p

Beware---On one of our cruises I overheard an irate mother having a fit because her young daughter had no charging privileges but she was able to sign up for $100 internet plan. In the end I think they reached a compromise that left the parents paying the set up fees and 75 cents/minute for the time the daughter had already used.

I've also watched people spend half of their cruise talking on their cell phones and wondered what kind of shock that cell phone bill caused after they returned home. :eek:

I have T-Mobile and I was talking to a customer service representative who told me NOT to use my cell phone or even have it on when I am on the ship. She believes the charge is $4.99 a minute and if the phone is on and it is called and bounces to the auto answering machine I will be charged for the call and the message for whatever length.

You have been warned!

Mike:D

I think a lot depends on your cell phone carrier.

I have AT & T. When we boarded Spirit in Nov. 2007 for the repo cruise, I made a "test" call for a minute, then waited about 10 minutes and called AT & T. They saw the call and no, the ship's tower did not pick up the call; one on shore did. So I was able to say "hello and goodbye" to my family back in North Carolina.

Nothing wrong with a test call; at least while you're sitting waiting to sail ;)

It varies....it's satellite, if the satellite is working fine, then it's "decently" quick. If not...well,then you get "dial-up" speeds.

To save time, I write up all my emails as drafts offline, take my laptop to a "hot spot" onboard and send them off all at one time. Works for me!!;)

I think a lot depends on your cell phone carrier.

I have AT & T. When we boarded Spirit in Nov. 2007 for the repo cruise, I made a "test" call for a minute, then waited about 10 minutes and called AT & T. They saw the call and no, the ship's tower did not pick up the call; one on shore did. So I was able to say "hello and goodbye" to my family back in North Carolina.

Nothing wrong with a test call; at least while you're sitting waiting to sail ;)

The onboard cell service is always turned off in port. Once the service is on your AT&T phone should display "Cellular at Sea"

Archived