Stress.

Here are a few things... please just give me some feedback:)

1. My father in law to be is marrying us on St. Thomas. He is an ordained Baptist Minister. His certificate was last in a house fire, but he has a letter from the American Federation of Baptist Ministers confirming his ordain-ness (is that a word...) will that be a problem, I have been trying to make sure it is not problem with the courst of st. thomas, but they have little patience it seems for questions such as this.

2. Let me follow this up with ... my own father who randomly , let me stress... randomly, got "ordained" as a minister or something wants to do "something" at our reception in COnnecticut 2 weeks after we return. It is an informal beach side recpetion.. which until recently her thought he was doing a vow renewal service... I exnayed that, but now he wants to do some kinds of reading... not appropriate. The bride's father doesn't speak at the reception, UNLESS maybe he paid for the whole thing and wants to thank everyone for coming... which is NOT the case. My fiance and I are sporting the whole thing with a little help his parents and my mom... and some favors of friends called in. So what is the protocol on crazy family sh*t like this when the whole point of a cruise wedding is to avoid crap like this...

3. Will they allow my bridesmaid and I to get priority OFF the ship to get to the coursthouse and back to the ship to get ready...

4. You think the steward will deliver my welcome bags to each cabin?

I feel tapped out right now... just wanna be married. Why does family turn CRAZY ??? It's not about them. Its about us. UGh.:confused:

heres my feedback..

1. My father in law to be is marrying us on St. Thomas. He is an ordained Baptist Minister. His certificate was last in a house fire, but he has a letter from the American Federation of Baptist Ministers confirming his ordain-ness (is that a word...) will that be a problem, I have been trying to make sure it is not problem with the courst of st. thomas, but they have little patience it seems for questions such as this.

Not sure. You would have to check with St. Thomas...If not, maybe he can perform official ceremony twice..once sybolicaly on the St. T and if its not legal, then he could do it again right when you get home??

2. Let me follow this up with ... my own father who randomly , let me stress... randomly, got "ordained" as a minister or something wants to do "something" at our reception in COnnecticut 2 weeks after we return. It is an informal beach side recpetion.. which until recently her thought he was doing a vow renewal service... I exnayed that, but now he wants to do some kinds of reading... not appropriate. The bride's father doesn't speak at the reception, UNLESS maybe he paid for the whole thing and wants to thank everyone for coming... which is NOT the case. My fiance and I are sporting the whole thing with a little help his parents and my mom... and some favors of friends called in. So what is the protocol on crazy family sh*t like this when the whole point of a cruise wedding is to avoid crap like this...

Crazy family's are inevitable it seems... but the important thing is that you have your special day.... if you decided you do not want him to speak, you can politely say you are not comfortable with having anyone give formal speechs at reception since you want to keep it very simple and hope he understands..... If he insists on doing a reading, perhaps you can help pick out what he reads...making sure its very "short and sweet" ; ) which emphasis on "short"

3. Will they allow my bridesmaid and I to get priority OFF the ship to get to the coursthouse and back to the ship to get ready...

not sure...you will probably just have to ask the on board staff when yuo are on ship.

4. You think the steward will deliver my welcome bags to each cabin?

Probably would do it, especially if you game them an extra nice tip!

I feel tapped out right now... just wanna be married. Why does family turn CRAZY ??? It's not about them. Its about us. UGh.:confused:

i have to laugh because i know how you feel... family can turn crazy at times like these... hopfully you will be able to look back and laugh about it and try not to let it diminish the wonderful event of your wedding!

good luck

I can't answer your question about your father in law, but I do want to share some advice with you.

Don't let the stress get to you. The planning of your wedding is the best part, trust me on that as your wedding day will go by with a blink of an eye.

Family will stress you out, my advice don't involve them with any of the planning. My DH and I payed for our wedding as well and when family started trying to push ideas on us. I decided to tell them that we were planning the wedding ourselves and wanted them to be suprised.

As far as your father goes, if it will make him happy to be part of your reception why not find a poem or verse about love and let him read it.

Lastly, things will go wrong, but at the end of the day they won't matter. You will be too happy to care about the little things.

Best of luck

Melissa

I read some where that they charge $.50 a bag to deliver.Ive also heard that some do it for free. But, I think its going to be different on each ship, and how many bags you have to deliver. But, if they dont charge, a nice tip (and even if they do) would be very nice.

Archived