Lack of time, what should we skip in ST-Thomas?

MaggieQuebec

Hi everyone,

According to www.porttime.com, there will be 2 ships in town. I’ve just learned that the Crown Princess will dock at Crown Bay instead of Havensight; we are very disappointed, because we will loose some time from Crown Bay to Havensight and from H. to CB doing nothing except being in a taxi (at a cost of 6$ per person one way), but there is nothing we can do about it…

The boat will be docked from 7:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. (boat time). We will probably leave the ship around 9:00 a.m. and would like to return at 3:00 p.m.

We wished to do a city tour (Mountain Top, Coral World, Charlotte Amalie, Paradise Point, Butterfly farm), one beach (Sapphire beach) and shopping (downtown, Havensight, Yatch Haven Grande) with a lunch maybe at the Fat Turtle in Yatch Haven Grande.

Knowing that and knowing that we are 2 adults in the 50’s, what should we have to skip?

Thank you for your reply.

Maggie

Maggie, I would reserve with someone like Godfrey, Sunny or Sean for a minimal amount of $25pp or less. This would include shopping time, tour time to Mountain Top and other sites high up on the hills of St. Thomas, beach time at Maegan's Bay or Coki Beach. You can skip the butterfly farm (actually been to St. Thomas many times and have never heard of it) and possibly Paradise Point. Again, having been there so many times, I have always been too tired to get up there. That is one of the places on my "things to do" list for this next cruise.

We too may be docked at Crown Bay.

Bon Voyage

If one of your stops includes St. Martin, you can see the butterfly farm there rather than the one on St. Thomas. ;)

:o But realistically speaking, you won't have enough time in port to do even half of what you'd like to do and not feel rushed.

The previous poster made a good suggestion about contacting Godfrey for a tour.

If Godfrey or any of the other tour guides are not available, what I would do is also forgo lunch at Yacht Haven Grand and try this:

• Grab a cab to Sapphire Beach. You should be there by 9:30.
  • Leave Sapphire between 11:30 and noon and take a cab into town (about 20-25 minutes).
  • Stroll around the shops in town for a bit and grab a quick bite to eat at Gladys'.
  • Leave town NLT 2:45 to return to your ship by 3:00.

:)

I've been to St. Thomas - visited Havensight - you can skip that and shop in town (nothing worth a separate visit to Havensight) also, I've done the Paradise Point thing - skip that in lieu of Mountain Top - to me Paradise Point was a BIG disappointment - scenery from drive to MT is great. Check with Godfrey's - I believe he has a tour that includes MT, CoralWorld, beach time and shopping which is about all you'll have time to do - that will give you a great first impression of St. Thomas.

Archived