3 in Balcony on Dawn

Kevin -

Below is a picture of our granddaughter in a BA cabin on the Dawn. If the third person is short, you could extend the sofa bed NOT completely. Then would have enough space to squeeze by to get to the balcony.

1256735956_Threeincabin-s.jpg.282e4642d129785833f6a5f6dd98c534.jpg

Be aware that, when the sofabed is pulled out, you have to climb over the sofabed to reach the balcony.

Confirmed!

Kevin, the next best option would be an AF Mini-Suite, in that the AF sofa bed is wider than a regular balcony sofa bed & opens the opposite direction. That way it doesn't interfere with access to the balcony. Plus, an AF has a curtain between the bed and the living area to allow some privacy between the two.

Hi,

If there are 3 people in a BB catagory, where does the 3 rd person sleep? Couch opens up or out of the ceiling?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi kevin, The balconys are not that big, the sofa bed is small too and its usually in front of the balcony. you will need to climb to get out on the balcony..thats why I got a suite, if your son sleeps late, forget getting out on the balcony and there isnt that much luggage room either, Can't wait anyway............ just a few more days to go. Diane

Hello everyone.....We will have 4 in our BB balcony...2 adults, and 2 girls,13 and 8. Where do they put the 4th person??? Is there a wall bed that comes down??

Maybe we should move up to a mini suite. It would cost about $280.00 more for us, and an extra $40.00 to get our boys upgraded (inside) to the same deck as the minis. So $320.00 would put us up to a mini for the 5 night Jewel cruise.

I don't think I would normally spend the extra $$, but I hope to spend some time with all 6 of us, hanging out or having breakfast together in the cabin ( I know it will be crowded....but perhaps less crowded in the mini suite than the BB).

Hmmmm....I'll have to give it more thought. I know that the square footage is about 231 in the mini and only 167 in the BB, plus the balcony is slightly bigger in the mini. I don't think having a bathtub really matters to us, although it may provide us with more room to shower.....and to shave my legs (as opposed to doing it in the dining room....you'll have to check the post on this, kind of funny:D )

Also...the BB on deck 9 has cabins above and below...great for noise issues. The minis on deck 11 are under lots of stuff...Garden Cafe, kids clubs, etc. It's also 2 decks higher...I get quite seasick so the further up I go...the further up it comes.:eek:

Any input would be great as to what you'd do.

Hello everyone.....We will have 4 in our BB balcony...2 adults, and 2 girls,13 and 8. Where do they put the 4th person??? Is there a wall bed that comes down??

Maybe we should move up to a mini suite. It would cost about $280.00 more for us, and an extra $40.00 to get our boys upgraded (inside) to the same deck as the minis. So $320.00 would put us up to a mini for the 5 night Jewel cruise.

The Jewel is different then the Dawn. The quad BBs have a pullman bed in addition to the sofa. If you go to a mini they will share a double sofa bed.

Archived