looking for the differences and preferences between the magesty, sun, dream?

JBuffettPH

I am looking to try my first NCL cruise experience this fall and am choosing between the magesty out of South Carolina, the sun out of Miami and the Dream out of New Orleans.

What are the differences in these ships in terms of their food, comfort level, amenities. I'd love to hear both the good expereinces and the less than perfect expereicnes you've had. Anything that differentiates these ships.

I know there is Sushi on the sun but is there sushi on either of the other two??

As to cabins we will be probably be taking a guarantee inside so I can't imagine there would be much of a difference but if there is from ship to ship please let us know.

thanks for your input

I've only been on the Sun, but I would definitely recommend her. As you are probably aware, she is quite a bit newer than the other 2 ships, and I think the freestyle dining concept probably works better. According to the literature I have from NCL, there are 9 restaurants on the Sun, compared with 6 on both of the other ships. On the recent poll on this site, the Sun was ranked as the 2nd favorite NCL ship, behind the Dawn.

We had a wonderful time on the Sun -- the only negative was a problem with a shore excursion, which wasn't the fault of the ship, but a computer glitch.

I am in complete agreement with Ute. We sailed the Sun last October and will do so again in 10 days. She is a great ship and a very good itenerary. We enjoyed it so much that we started researching cruises before we finished the first cruise. From what we could gather the Sun seemed to be a much newer ship with a lot more to offer. We had a balcony and would not sail again without one. I seldom stir before 7am at home, but was awake by 6am every cruise morning so that I could stroll on the balcony and watch the sun rise and the manuevers as we docked.

According to the literature we read, the other ships have very limlted balcony berthing. This was one of our main reasons for choosing the Sun again.

I am not sure what the dining oprions are on the other ships but the Sun had more to offer than we could partake of. If you choose the Sun I would definatly reccomend Il Adagio and Le Bistro. There is a cover charge, but it is well worth it. Hopefully, this time we will try some of the other selections too.

Also, it appears that she will sail from New Orleans next fall..... I might have to go for 3 years in a row!

The reason for the transfer of the Sun to New Orleans is the transfer of the Sea out of the NCL fleet. They're moving the Dream to Houston to cover the Sea's old itinerary, and moving the Sun to NO to cover the Dream's old route.

If I remember correctly, the Sea will leave the fleet in the spring of 2005, and then when the Sun returns from her summer in Alaska she will head to NO. We have sailed on the Sea, and I think the Dream and the Majesty are probably somewhere between the Sea and the Sun. While we enjoyed both cruises, there was an obvious difference in class between the ship. I don't think you can go wrong on the Sun.

Archived