Question about TA and Past Guest Upgrade!

Regina37

We booked our July'08 cruise in January'08, and have been guests on Carnival before. I asked our TA about a past guest upgrade, and was told that there were none available at the time, but she would keep an eye on it. I spoke with her again last week about this, and was told the same thing. I then called Carnival, and was told that we were eligible for a past guest upgrade from the Riviera deck to the main deck (not alot, but should have been ours). Was also told that the Carnival rep. couldn't change anything because we went through a TA (mistake) , and she would have to do that. I call her back, she called Carnival and then told me that any past guest upgrade would cost $40.00 because of the cabin change (our cruise docs had been issued).

Is she giving us the run around or is this right?

We booked our July'08 cruise in January'08, and have been guests on Carnival before. I asked our TA about a past guest upgrade, and was told that there were none available at the time, but she would keep an eye on it. I spoke with her again last week about this, and was told the same thing. I then called Carnival, and was told that we were eligible for a past guest upgrade from the Riviera deck to the main deck (not alot, but should have been ours). Was also told that the Carnival rep. couldn't change anything because we went through a TA (mistake) , and she would have to do that. I call her back, she called Carnival and then told me that any past guest upgrade would cost $40.00 because of the cabin change (our cruise docs had been issued).

:cool: I'd be looking for another TA, doesn't sound like she checked into this for you. Maybe I was fortunate, but I have always been given past guest credit (up grade plus in a couple of cases OBC) might be that this is not always the case but other more seasoned travellers probably could answer this for you.:cool:

Sounds like your TA should eat the 40 bucks.

There very well could have been no past guest upgrades at the time you booked. Most of us check daily for price drops and if there is a special running then we use the dp3 code to check to see if it applies to our specific cruise. If you pretend to book using the code and get an error message then your TA is right, it doesnt apply.

Last year it seemed like Carnival had weekly best ever specials on Wednesday, but they last 3 days. This year they have had fewer past guest specials. Once your price has gone up, then its too late to get one, or you would have to pay the difference, if not then keep on checking yourself. Dont count on a TA checking every day for you.

We weren't depending on her to check everyday. I had been in touch with Carnival in the mean time and there weren't any past guest promotions until last week. I thought when you were upgraded due to a past guest perk, there wasn't any $$ due.

We weren't depending on her to check everyday. I had been in touch with Carnival in the mean time and there weren't any past guest promotions until last week. I thought when you were upgraded due to a past guest perk, there wasn't any $$ due.

Is the price of your cabin the same as when you booked, you didnt answer that part of the issue. If your booked category has gone up, then yes, the price you would owe to get the free upgrade would then be the new price of your category. Plus some are also charging the new fuel supplement.

Archived