Aruba - Car Rentals

mnsawyer

Can anyone give me some information on car rentals in Aruba. Is there a rental agency that is reliable at the pier? Also, what about insurance, costs, etc. Does most everyone rent a jeep (have seen photos) they seem pretty small?? Are they safe and reliable? Is it just better to do a tour around the island? We probably will be doing Jolly Pirates at some point during the day but would like to see the rest of the island.

Thanks!

Mary

Good choice about Jolly Pirates...

just wondering if you're going to have time to pick up car and get paperwork done before heading north to the pier to leave on excursion (unless you're doing the short sail).

We've used Econo for rental. They picked us up at pier and took us to rental location to do paperwork. Late that night DH dropped car off at airport and they gave him ride back to pier. We've been to Aruba several times and haven't rented jeep. Was able to get to Natural Bridge and most places using regular car. ALso with wind/sand did enjoy having the airconditioning.. Also you don't want to have anything exposed in car... many thefts ... esp. downtown.

Carolyn

• 3 weeks later...

My fiance' and I went to Aruba last April and we rented a Rocksta jeep with More 4 Less. We used the jeep for the entire time we were there and I highly recommend it! More 4 Less is located very close to the airport and their prices were cheaper than renting a vehicle per day in Mass. We opted to purchase the additional insurance because we explored on the North side of the island on all the trails right to the Natural Pool. It was an unbelievable adventure and not for the faint-hearted! The jeep was perfect for cruising around for site seeing and bar-hopping. Since the temperature is pretty much the same night and day, I never got cold without a top on the jeep and if you wanted the top on, it was very simple to pull it up. I wouldn't worry about crime since Aruba has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. I just carried a small pack with all our belongings to take with us whenever we stopped and the stereo face plate in the jeeps pop off to carry with you when you stop. More 4 Less will pick you up at the cruise terminal and bring you back there when you depart. They were very nice to deal with and we especially thought that when we returned the jeep to them with so much dirt caked on it from our exploring and the guy just smiled and asked how we enjoyed our trip - no hassle whatsoever. Enjoy Aruba - a jeep rental is definitely the way to go!

We just returned from Aruba Oct 17. There is a car rental place right off the peir. You can see it right from the dock. My hubby ran over there and asked about a minivan. (while we stayed on board eating breakfast) He had already reservered one from National (we did not have to leave our credit card info), but we did not want to have to head over to the airport. The place matched our quote( we showed him the reservation and price sheet we had printed off). We were off the ship and driving in less than 30 minutes. Drop off was a breeze. (5 minutes) and we paid by credit card in US dollars. The charge came back the right amount. $90 dollars for the day. They had plenty of cars, all sizes, jeeps, ect. all ready to go. I suggest you get something confirmed at the major car rental, then see if they can match at the peir. It will save you time, and 2 taxi rides.

Archived