Fire Opal

Sundsgn

I didn't here about a store named fire opal. I did however hear about a couple stores one named Diamonds International and the other (I think) was B&B that sells the Fire Opal. Both were in Cabo.

If you are going on the Pride there is a get together in the Taj Mahal with the super shopper (Kristen?). She tells you what stores Carnival backs regarding sales.

Okay DER!! I read your sig after submitting. Sorry you are not going on the Pride. Anyways these stores are both in the mall. Good luck and have fun.

• 2 weeks later...

In '97 I found some nice opals at Pardo Jewellers, in Mazatlan. I brought one, in spite of the fact that mined 30 carats of opal, at Canada's only mine, about one hour from my home. I prefer our opals, the colours are better, but I would take a Mexican opal over an Austrailian one. Good hunting. john taylor.:)

We did the Mexican Riviera on Visions of the Seas in March 04. It was our first cruise. In Cabo we took an excursion thru RCCL that went to a restaurant with a great view, went to a glass blowing factoria and went out to san Jose del Cabo. There you had your choice of touring the church or doing some shopping. The town mall was right across from the church and the shops were right near the mall and the guide showed you where the shops were. There was a shop there that specialized in fire opals. Very Nice

In my experience, and being a Libra kid, fire opals are like almost anything, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I have a beautiful one from Australia that my ex gave me over 20 years ago. Still wear it and, although I have seen many, wouldn't trade it.

There are many colors and kinds so just follow your heart. Touch it, it will tell you. I know that sounds corny but works.

You can find a variety in almost any Mexican port but if you are going to spend big bucks, be sure and get a certificate of authensity and buy through a good store. Pardos and the rest can be expensive but, in my experience, if you buy later in the day they are more willing to bargan. At least at the terminal. Maybe not at their shops in the commercial zone. Don't know about that.

Get some great opals that make you feel good. Remember us October kids are the ones they are designed for. lol

Sharon

Archived