Anchorage restaurant problem and questions?

lovesublime

We were set on dining at the Glacier Brewhouse, but have encountered some trouble. I called for reservations and couldn't get in for the evening we wanted. We decided on another night and were told that if we were even five minutes late we would be pushed back by two hours or maybe not get seated at all-and if we showed on time-we can only have the table for two hours. That's fine, I really doubt we would be there two hours anyway. Is this place really worth the hassle? We're thinking of just blowing it off and going somewhere else. Does anyone have any other recommendations for a good dinner? Price is no concern. Thanks!

We were set on dining at the Glacier Brewhouse, but have encountered some trouble. I called for reservations and couldn't get in for the evening we wanted. We decided on another night and were told that if we were even five minutes late we would be pushed back by two hours or maybe not get seated at all-and if we showed on time-we can only have the table for two hours. That's fine, I really doubt we would be there two hours anyway. Is this place really worth the hassle? We're thinking of just blowing it off and going somewhere else. Does anyone have any other recommendations for a good dinner? Price is no concern. Thanks!

We have eaten and drank there, the food and atmosphere is good. The Glacier Brewhouse is also very popular and always crowded, that is the reason for their policy I'm sure.

We were set on dining at the Glacier Brewhouse, but have encountered some trouble. I called for reservations and couldn't get in for the evening we wanted.

Hi,

We have thought about the BrewHouse also because it is relatively close to where we will be staying. Curious how far out you tried to reserve a table. Thanks.

Hi,

We have thought about the BrewHouse also because it is relatively close to where we will be staying. Curious how far out you tried to reserve a table. Thanks.

We tried to book a week out. If you really want to eat there it's worth trying. Here's the phone# 907-247-BREW. We've decided on Simon and Seaforts and have already made a reservation.

Try Simon and Seaforts on L Street between 4th and 5th Avenues. Their website is www.simonandseaforts.com Very much a local favorite.

hey, I know that menu! Looks exactly like "Kincaids" a chain in our area of the Midwest. I love their scallop lollipops.

http://www.r-u-i.com/pdf/menus/Kincaids-Milwaukee-Dinner.pdf

Notice that the prices in Anchorage aren't really that much more than in Milwaukee. A couple bucks here and there. Great food, too! Except I probably want to eat at someplace in Anchorage that I can't eat at back in Wisconsin.

Archived