Oasis - good for your kids?

annimal

Just wanted to see what other parents think of the plans for the new Oasis of the Seas. I like most of the ideas for what is going to be offered on board, especially with the revealed items like the carousel and other kid-friendly and/or family-friendly activities and locations (for my little one). However, I'm not sure about how it will feel with potentially 7,000 people on board (inclusive of crew) - hoping the size of the ship will help spread out the masses. I'm also not thrilled with the initial itinerary (Eastern Caribbean, then Western Caribbean), but I do understand that it will be hard finding other ports that can accommodate a ship this size. Just not sure that I would pay more to sail this itinerary when RC has the Freedom class ships covering these ports as well as plenty of other cruise lines... Your thoughts?

My 7 yo son loved the Liberty of Seas so I had him watch the Oasis video tonight. He is so excited- loves the boardwalk theme, merry-go-round, candy store, zip line, aqua theater and 2 huge rock climbing walls. I think this ship will be very kid-friendly. As for the number of people, hopefully the size of the ship and layout will make it not seem too crowded. Ports of call are irrelevant to us. The ship is the destination and there will be more than enough on board to do to occupy us for a week plus.

Archived