Shows Kid Friendly?

illin

I was wondering if the shows are kid friendly? We are on the Inspiration...I know they have Shout and maybe the illusionist show???

Kids are 10 and 5...pretty sheltered too...rarely watch TV.

Will these be ok? An occasional thong or bikini is fine...but cursing is a no-no.

I was wondering if the shows are kid friendly? We are on the Inspiration...I know they have Shout and maybe the illusionist show???

Will these be ok? An occasional thong or bikini is fine...but cursing is a no-no.

There will be no curseing in any of the Vegas type shows . Yes there will be the showgirls in skimpy outfits, but nothing they wouldn't see around the pool or on the beach.

The illusionist shouldn't be a problem either.

The comics usually do two shows , the PG show and then the R rated show at midnight. Obviously the R rated show will be out for the kids. The PG show might even be too if they are as sheltered as you say.

I really don't think that Carnival wants to offend anyone so the sho it's self shouldn't have any bad language in it. Now in the theater while waiting for the show to start I have seen and heard a lot of unsavory language from people on the brink of beeing drunk. I haven even seen a few fights in there as well but it is not the norm. If they were my children I'd take them and if things get too intense I'd remove them from the room and answer their questions. It would be sad to miss the shows. They may enjoy them. I think that they also offer camp at this time also.

It depends on your perspective. I personally think all the earlier shows are fine. There will be some thongs on the showgirls - some shows just a glimps but have seen a couple where they were in thongs most of the show. There also may be a few jokes with some innuendo to them - but that would probably go over the heads of any kids that are really that sheltered. The midnight shows are adults only and do contain foul language and more explicit material. Carnival does a pretty good job of publicizing that those shows are adult only and also puts a warning in the Capers for the Vegas style shows that they rate them "PG-13" for the showgirl outfits.

. . . and we took them to the illusionist show and none of the Vegas style shows. The costuming is pretty provocative (FYI ~ nothing against anyone who disagrees I am just offering my opinion!).

One evening on the Glory the male dancers replicated what people were referring to as the Full Monty. Would NOT have wanted my kids in the audience for that show!

I am the mother of five and have been on three cruises. I would not take my 10 & 5 year olds to the 'show girl'/Vegas type shows. I would agree with the PG13 rating on these. However, the 'time machine' show, of all the stages of music, was fine.

Camp Carnival for ages 6 and up takes the kids to the shows, so if you don't want them to see the shows, you'll need to remove them from Camp Carnival during that time. We're faced with this on our upcoming cruise - our 7 and 8 year olds have seen the same shows 4 times already and said they do NOT want to see them again! I wish they had the option of staying in Camp Carnival and just playing video games or board games. Even better would be some NEW SHOWS on the ship, lol. It's not good for repeat cruisers on a ship when the shows stay the same for years.

All that being said, I would think only the most sheltered of children would raise an eyebrow at anything in the shows. As was stated, they will se much worse at the pool and the beach, and I've seen worse on the Disney Channel than what you will see in the shows on Carnival.

They will announce which shows are inappropriate for children, and that no one under the age of 18 is permitted.

Unless you're one of those people who think that seeing a woman in a thong on stage is inappropriate (and it doesn't sound like you are one of those from your initial post ;) ) then don't worry about your kids. I'm sure they will LOVE the shows. :)

I dont have kids but have 4 niece and nephews who live in the same house as me.

I would not object to the thongs or even nudity.. but thats my opinion.. I would be more concerned with the language... of the other guests i.e. preteens....

I dont think the "shows' are for young children imho...

I've also seen some parents on here make comments about inappropriate art for their children on the ships. I consider it art and tasteful, but if that's something that you're concerned about, you may want to keep an eye out.

I don't think that any of the shows that I went to would have been inappropriate aside from some skimpy clothing (but you couldn't see anything). Honestly, if you don't mention it, they probably won't even notice it. There was a comedian during the welcome aboard show who was great and made comments that all the adults thought were hilarious, but would have gone way over most young kids' heads and didn't have any foul language.

I've also seen some parents on here make comments about inappropriate art for their children on the ships. I consider it art and tasteful, but if that's something that you're concerned about, you may want to keep an eye out.

I know you only observed this, but really - objectionable art? Some had issues with this?? like the renaissance type Botticelli stuff?

Good Lord, I hope they dont take the kids a museum... Lets keep 'em sheltered... :rolleyes: :p

I dont think the "shows' are for young children imho...

yes, but there is no 'language' in any of the earlier shows. Only the adult themed shows have any bad language.

Unless it is a specified 'adult show', it is totally family friendly.

I know you only observed this, but really - objectionable art? Some had issues with this?? like the renaissance type Botticelli stuff?

Good Lord, I hope they dont take the kids a museum... Lets keep 'em sheltered... :rolleyes: :p

Yup...I've read it in more than one review. Honestly, I don't understand it myself because I enjoy going to art museums and went when I was younger too. But I guess for some parents it could be a shock:rolleyes: I wish I could find those threads now! It was kind of amusing.

yes, but there is no 'language' in any of the earlier shows. Only the adult themed shows have any bad language.

Unless it is a specified 'adult show', it is totally family friendly.

The Beatles show- which I believe they said was child friendly had a couple of families walking out when the renaissance scene came on and the guys turned around and the bare butts were exposed through their pants.. (or what appeared to be their butts)..

But then again they may have walked out because the show was pretty bad... :eek:

On the Liberty last fall, there was a small portion that replicated the 'Full Monty'. Nothing could be seen (covered by hats and then it went dark) and I would not have been concerned with my kids (aged 4 to 10) seeing it. But that is me. The Capers clearly stated that that the 'Full Monty' was part of the show, and advised that parental discretion was advised.

Some kids (early teens) tried to sneek into the R rated comedy show at midnight. Sat in the front row. The comedian would not start the act until they left, and then proceeded to make fun of them. Like how dumb could they be! They should have been crouched down in the dark of the back row! But there was staff discretely looking for that too.

So read the capers and they will give you the info you need to make a decision. If you need more info, hunt down the CD before the show and ask questions!

Yup...I've read it in more than one review. Honestly, I don't understand it myself because I enjoy going to art museums and went when I was younger too. But I guess for some parents it could be a shock:rolleyes: I wish I could find those threads now! It was kind of amusing.

I could not imagine sheltering a child this way- and I am not referring to the op.. speaking about the thread Ehpride is talking about ;)

Its funny.. I had (have) very strict parents.. private school upbringing.. no cursing etc etc-

Art and Nudity in art were never ever an issue. Heck I am Italian... Mom had some of those nude statues in the backyard LOL

Cursing was an issue while we were kids..I never ever heard my parents curse.. Now I curse.. :p

I am Italian... Mom had some of those nude statues in the backyard LOL

Cursing was an issue while we were kids..I never ever heard my parents curse.. Now I curse.. :p

Italians that don't curse?????? :eek:

LOL...you aren't from the mid-Atlantic???? But you are, aren't you???

LOL...my Italian family is like an episode of the Sopranos. :p

The Beatles show- which I believe they said was child friendly had a couple of families walking out when the renaissance scene came on and the guys turned around and the bare butts were exposed through their pants.. (or what appeared to be their butts)..

But then again they may have walked out because the show was pretty bad... :eek:

:o I liked that show.

Exactly. I can completely understand a parent not want their child exposed to a movie, live show or tv show that is innappropriate with nudity/language. But I was completely shocked to see someone say that Carnival shouldn't have nudity in art. Renaissance and ancient era art.

Btw...not italian but I've got a problem with cursing at times. Trying to get better but sometimes you just have to!

:o I liked that show.

I know... most people do...We- are pretty picky

Husband is a musician, worked in the music industry for many many years...We have Broadway right here..so.. we left.. we thought it was amatuerish... Sorry!! just my opinion!! I dont want to deter anyone from seeing it!!:D

Exactly. I can completely understand a parent not want their child exposed to a movie, live show or tv show that is innappropriate with nudity/language. But I was completely shocked to see someone say that Carnival shouldn't have nudity in art. Renaissance and ancient era art.

Btw...not italian but I've got a problem with cursing at times. Trying to get better but sometimes you just have to!

LOL The Italian part was for the nude statues.. the cursing part is because I am a New Yorker LOL!:D :eek:

We encountered this when we were on the Pride. We were riding the glass elevators up to the top to look down. The top floor is where the supper club "David's" is located. Outside the supper club is a replica of Michelangelo's statue of David. My dd was 5 at the time and we were in the elevator with a boy of about 9 or 10. He was very concerned that we were going up to the top because of the statue--he warned us not to bring dd up there because of what she might see. "That's just not right," he said, shaking his head. LOL.

We haven't taken the kids to any of the shows in the past mainly because I thought they'd be bored and restless. Sounds like we should give it a try next time.

We encountered this when we were on the Pride. We were riding the glass elevators up to the top to look down. The top floor is where the supper club "David's" is located. Outside the supper club is a replica of Michelangelo's statue of David. My dd was 5 at the time and we were in the elevator with a boy of about 9 or 10. He was very concerned that we were going up to the top because of the statue--he warned us not to bring dd up there because of what she might see. "That's just not right," he said, shaking his head. LOL.

We haven't taken the kids to any of the shows in the past mainly because I thought they'd be bored and restless. Sounds like we should give it a try next time.

Poor Michelanglo would be very disappointed.

I think they'd probably enjoy at least some of the shows. If they don't like it, no reason you can't go somewhere else :)

Archived