post office in ankorage

fundayz

does anyone know if there is a post office in the ankorage airport? I want to get some of the flat rate US postal boxes and send things home prior to flying.

Yes-right before you pull into the airport, on the right side of the road. Well marked. Open very late-seems to me almost midnight.

On a related note, I sent stuff home from the Willow post office outside of Wasilla on my way back from Denali. Cost me $40 for 2 good sized boxes and I got it in less than a week via Parcel Post. Staff there was extremely nice and helpful.

On a related note, I sent stuff home from the Willow post office outside of Wasilla on my way back from Denali. Cost me $40 for 2 good sized boxes and I got it in less than a week via Parcel Post. Staff there was extremely nice and helpful.

Patrick,

Good to know. I was disappointed in the size of the new flat rate. Wish they had a larger one, no matter what they charge. I want to ship home several suitcases, so I will be looking for some boxes at Staples/Office Max in Anchorage.

Janice

Patrick,

Good to know. I was disappointed in the size of the new flat rate. Wish they had a larger one, no matter what they charge. I want to ship home several suitcases, so I will be looking for some boxes at Staples/Office Max in Anchorage.

Janice

U-HAUL!!!!

Best boxes going at the cheapest prices. The "under bed" box can be configured for MOST suitcases.

U-HAUL!!!!

Best boxes going at the cheapest prices. The "under bed" box can be configured for MOST suitcases.

Thanks, an even better suggestion. I was hoping the two formal nights would be before we hit Juneau because I have a brother there and could have gotten rid of quite a bit of stuff. But no such luck.

Janice

Archived