"LIVE" from the Majesty / 06-21-2008

Radio

Thank you once again for the photos. :)

I just took a look at your web page and the NCL Majesty pics. Could you tell me which dining rooms are the last two in your Majesty photo album? They are not marked. One looks like a formal dining room and the other has many round tables that are contemporary looking.

Because of your photos, I am really thinking about giving the Majesty a try. The staterooms don't look that bad.

When does the Majesty leave the NCL fleet? Any idea what will replace her...especially in Charleston?

Radio, like countless others, I greatly enjoyed your reports. They bring back memories of five prior cruises to Bermuda, including one on the Majesty. Give your affinity for RCI, I am wondering which you would choose if offered at a similar price (which seems sometimes to be the case)--7 nights to St. Georges on NCL or 5 nights to the Dockyard on Grandeur of the Seas? Also, did anyone you spoke with have any hope that Bermuda might be able to attract a vessel small enough to continue cruises to St. Georges (or Hamilton) after the Dream and Majesty leave in 2008 and 2009 respectively?

The Grandeur of the Seas is a much nicer ship, than Majesty. However the Majesty stays for 3 nights. . . which gives you 2 full days in Bermuda.

I have sailed Grandeur, Explorer, and Voyage to Bermuda many times (for a one night stay at the Dockyard)

I can tell you that the price of Majesty (7nights) was cheaper that Grandeur (5nights), so I am sure that NCL will fill all of the ships to Bermuda.

I would sail on Grandeur or Majesty again with pleasure. . .

The NCL Spirit is taking the NCL Dreams itinerary in 2009 year from Boston to Bermuda(When Dream leaves). There has been some speculation that the Spirit will move to Baltimore for 2010.

I have been told that after Majesty leaves the fleet in Nov 2009, that No other ships will dock in St George's

The Cut there was originally designed for ships of 16 GRT. . .The Majesty is just over 40k GRT, and the Dream is just over 50k GRT. . .

There will be no ships in the NCL or RCI fleet that are small enough to dock there.

Maybe Azamara (RCCL) will sail the Journey, or Quest to Bermuda more often.

Radio

;) ;)

Thank you once again for the photos. :)

I just took a look at your web page and the NCL Majesty pics. Could you tell me which dining rooms are the last two in your Majesty photo album? They are not marked. One looks like a formal dining room and the other has many round tables that are contemporary looking.

Because of your photos, I am really thinking about giving the Majesty a try. The staterooms don't look that bad.

When does the Majesty leave the NCL fleet? Any idea what will replace her...especially in Charleston?

I have captioned the pics now. . .They were the Four Seasons, and Cafe Royale.

Majesty leaves in November 2009. There has been some speculation that NCL Spirit will replace her. . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yes I have considered Princess . . I usually sail with RCI, but this year I have sailed with RCI, HAL, NCL, and CCL in September.

Maybe next time will be Princess !

I sailed Grand Princess in 2003. . .

Radio

Radio,

Are there certain things you like or dislike about each line? We've sailed all of them, but only NCL in recent years.

Just wondering since you've sailed all of them this year.

We've loved every line we've cruised, but we sure like Freestyle. Not for everyone, but a great fit for us. Also really liked the Mercury.

Jackie

Radio,

Are there certain things you like or dislike about each line? We've sailed all of them, but only NCL in recent years.

Just wondering since you've sailed all of them this year.

We've loved every line we've cruised, but we sure like Freestyle. Not for everyone, but a great fit for us. Also really liked the Mercury.

Jackie

I am like you. . . I have never had a bad cruise ! I like different things about all Cruise Lines.

I love the food and service with X. . . I love the Ships, and Loyalty Program with RCI. . . . I love the food and entertainment on CCL. . . and I think the Freestyle Concept is a big hit for NCL !

There are particular things that I like and dislike about each ship or cruise that I have taken. . . But that has to do more with the ship. . .not the Cruise Line.

Radio

I am like you. . . I have never had a bad cruise ! I like different things about all Cruise Lines.

I love the food and service with X. . . I love the Ships, and Loyalty Program with RCI. . . . I love the food and entertainment on CCL. . . and I think the Freestyle Concept is a big hit for NCL !

There are particular things that I like and dislike about each ship or cruise that I have taken. . . But that has to do more with the ship. . .not the Cruise Line.

Radio

Thanks, Radio!

It's a tough question for me too since we've liked them all. We do like cruising out of NY or Boston since it's very convenient and NCL has quite a few choices for us, so we haven't been on another line for a long time.

We've never tried Carnival and might have to do that soon.

I wish we had the time to try them all! :D

Jackie

This pretty much sums it up for DH and me. We like to mix it up and find that the variety is what makes cruising fun. ;)

Enjoy the Miracle!

There are particular things that I like and dislike about each ship or cruise that I have taken. . . But that has to do more with the ship. . .not the Cruise Line. Radio :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The NEW 2008 Freestyle Menus have been scanned and are ready to view. . .

Just ckick HERE and select NCL Majesty !

Thanks to the Hotel Director (Derek Van der Nest) for giving me all of the Menus. .

Radio

Here is a Preview of Day 1 Page 1

DAY1PG1.jpg

Day 1 Page 2

DAY1PG2.jpg

Hotel Director (Derek Van der Nest) and Radio at

the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet in the House of Lords Room on Deck 5 / Sunday.

SUNHDR.jpg

Thanks so much for posting these. The menu looks great; can hardly wait until I'm ordering off them! Enjoyed reading about your cruise and looking at the pictures.

Thank You Radio! I love the Majesty but this year I am cruising the Dream cause of the convenience to Boston. I think we will have to do the Dream next year from Philly cause we would want that extra day in Bermuda! It'll also give us a chance to say goodbye to her!

BTW, you will love the Miracle...I even thought the "wild grapes" all over the dining room were cool!

We would like to make a reservation for Le Bistro but would not want to miss some of the entrees in the main dining rooms. Are these menus available only on the day they are served? If so, can you tell me the "lobster" days you were served? My least favorite choices were on the turkey day...would you remember which day this was? We're leaving on July 12 and I would assume they repeat these menus. Thanks for all your great photos and information.

One more! We are in an outside standard room. Would you have taken any photos of that room? Thanks!

We would like to make a reservation for Le Bistro but would not want to miss some of the entrees in the main dining rooms. Are these menus available only on the day they are served? If so, can you tell me the "lobster" days you were served? My least favorite choices were on the turkey day...would you remember which day this was? We're leaving on July 12 and I would assume they repeat these menus. Thanks for all your great photos and information.

One more! We are in an outside standard room. Would you have taken any photos of that room? Thanks!

Lobtser nights were the second night and the sixth (Sunday and Thursday). I don't recall a "turkey" night.

Thank you so much for these menus. I don't mean to sound stupid but is there a way to make them larger:confused:

Yes, I just increased the size. . . They are bigger now . . .

Radio

Thanks a bunch. I don't know what happened to me. I hit 40 and started going blind, deaf and senile.

Hey, toes... Didn't you know that at our age, your memory is the second thing to go?

Problem is, we can't remember what the first thing was... :rolleyes:

Radio, You've heard the great comments from others but I also want to thank you for such an excellent preview of the Majesty and sacrificing your time for a ride along. Didn't your bags feel heavy @ demarkation with all of the CC family packed in them? :D

I've never been to Bermuda but I am on the 7/5 sailing and can't wait.

Your photography rocks and your review will help us to make the best of our cruise. Take care.

Radio, You've heard the great comments from others but I also want to thank you for such an excellent preview of the Majesty and sacrificing your time for a ride along. Didn't your bags feel heavy @ demarkation with all of the CC family packed in them? :D

I've never been to Bermuda but I am on the 7/5 sailing and can't wait.

Your photography rocks and your review will help us to make the best of our cruise. Take care.

I'm so glad I'm on the 7/5 sailing on the Majesty b/c your travelogue would have made me book another cruise to Bermuda. Your description of the ship, activities both on board and in Bermuda, menus, pictures, etc. have been most welcomed. I have shared them with the other members in my traveling party, and we are most anxious for Saturday to arrive! Thank you again for taking the time out of your vacation time to allow all of us to travel with you!!

Archived