Getting to Cape Liberty from Manhattan

A lot of this depends on how many bags you are bring.You can take the ferry over to Weehawkin,NJ then the light rail to Bayonne[outside the port]then a taxi up to the ship.Travel time about one hour.

I am not sure how much the light rail or cab will be but the ferry for senior is $8 round trip.The ferry also has a free bus service around Manhatten it may pass your hotel.Or check with the Marriot and see if they have a shuttle.

The shuttle for the ferry to Weehauken, does not stop at hotels, to the best of my knowledge. They share stops with certain regular NYC bus routes along 42nd and 34th Streets and they don't run very often. So you'd have to walk from your hotel w/ all your luggage to a bus stop which is probably a couple of blocks from your hotel. If you do use the ferry I think it would be a lot easier to simply take a taxi to the ferry pier which from the Marriott would not run more than about $6.00.

Then the ferry is $10.00 PP round trip. (that was last year. could be more now) I don't know how much the railroad would be, as I've never done this. But you would then need another taxi from the railroad to the port. Personally, too much work for me to save about $40., but to each their own.

We used a car service, which ran us about $75.00 each way inclusive of tolls and tip.

Allstate www.allstatelimo.com 212-333-3333

or

Carmel - www.Carmellimo.com 800-9-CARMEL

Unless your tight on $, It would probably be easiest to take a car service. You wouldn't have to worry abour changing from cab to ferry to cab (each time with your bag). Just get picked up at your hotel and dropped off at the peir.

• 1 month later...

Hope someone can answer this, most of the car services in NYC give you the fare amount excluding the tolls and tip. How much are the tolls from LGA to Marriott Marquis and then from Marriott to Cape Liberty. Will these same companies be able to pick up at Cape Liberty to LGA?? Thanks for you help. Deciding on which car service to use and looks like for 4 people with 7-8 pcs of luggage it is cheaper to get 2 sedans than a van, ridiculous........imho

Archived