Question About Friends and Family Certificates

I would appreciate it if someone could either explain the Friends and Family Certificates plan or else direct me to an explanation of it on the RCCL website. I searched their website and could find nothing. I've heard of it before and would probably be in a position to make use of it since I'm the only one in the family who plans ahead. :D Thanks.

When you are on a cruise and either book a new cruise or get a certificate for a next cruise you are entitled to 2 friends and family certificates. These certificates allow you to have 2 more staterooms booked on the same cruise as you with the $100. OBC . The only catch is that they must be used within 30 days of the booking. Hope this helps. Good luck and happy cruising!

The only one I know of is when you book on board ( or next cruise option) in addition to the OBC based on the length of sailing, you also get two friends and family certificates. These can be used by anyone you give them to for booking the SAME cruise as you within 30 days of your booking. So if you book a specific cruise within the 30 days from when you book they have to book and they get the same OBC. But if you do the next cruise option and don't decide on a specific cruise for say 6 months then once you do book it then they have 30 days from that point. Hopefully this makes sense.

When you are on a cruise and either book a new cruise or get a certificate for a next cruise you are entitled to 2 friends and family certificates. These certificates allow you to have 2 more staterooms booked on the same cruise as you with the $100. OBC . The only catch is that they must be used within 30 days of the booking. Hope this helps. Good luck and happy cruising!

Actually the OBC is based on the length of cruise 3-5 days = 50$, 6-9 = 100$ and 10+=$200 and your friends will get that also.

As always, my CC friends came through with the answers I needed. I take it there is no charge for these certificates? Thanks for your help.

No charge, but take care of them they can't be reissued if you lose them or anything.

If you book a NextCruise, that booking is good indefinitely and the lower deposit is nonrefundable. When you receive your Certificates for Family & Friends with this type of booking............they have 30 days from the date that you have changed your NextCruise booking into an active booking with itinerary/ship/sailing date to book the same cruise. You could hold a NextCruise booking for 6 months until you actually assign an itinerary to it.

With a specific itinerary/ship/sailing date booked on board a cruise, the Certificates are only good for 30 days from the date that you booked on the ship, and again.............family/friends must book the same cruise.

Archived